BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you that traded in your lt for a new gtl were the trade in prices in line with what the blue book value was? thanks

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
NOT EVEN CLOSE .....The dealer offered $3000.00 & I sold it out right for $4500.00.
BTW it was a 2000 K1200LT with 72,000 miles on it. I could have gotten more but I priced it to sell fast.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
My situation was similar, but I didn't even ask the local dealer about a trade it. They will generally give you wholesale book, ignoring everything you have added. They have to make a profit someplace and if you are willing to do the work, that profit can be yours.

My 02 had 50,000 miles and I ended up selling it quickly for $6,600 ( I think) !

I had the fastest and most beautiful color that BMW has ever manufactured and that got a premium. :)

Trade in would have been a lot less, maybe several $1,000 than that and the dealers were not discounting the new K1600's. Some threw in a few discounts on accessories and for very loyal customers, maybe a GPS.

I ended up paying list, but did get a pretty good deal on a new Schuberth helmet and com package, GPS and the crash bars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts