BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago I purchased a 2010 R1200RT. Love the bike and can't wait to ride it as soon as possible. I live in Brighton MI and we are more than ready to get out.

Anyway, this bike came with a tank bag,The R1200RT tank bag features an 'easy-mount' system that utilizes mounting rails built into the RT bodywork. It snaps on or off quickly and securely. It is clearly the best choice for adding convenient carrying cappacity to the RT.
Other features:
• Dual layer bag construction with an integrated fiber-reinforced base plate helps the bag maintain its shape.
• A built-in rain cover helps keep bag contents dry.
• Capacity is adjustable via a 2-position all-round zipper.
• A TPU film clear-sleeve saves maps from the weather.
• Thoughtful bag design will not block the riders view of an installed Navigator GPS unit.
• The bag is customized with an R 1200 RT logo imprint and a built-in carrying handle.

Dimensions: 14 x 12 x 8 (height expandable to 10 inches)

I prefer either a BMW large softbag 2 or a BMW luggage roll 2. The tank bag is about $365.00 and looks like it just shipped from the dealer. I have pics. Anyone interested in purchasing the bag I am asking $295.00 or best offer or I am willing to trade for either of the above tail bags in equally excellent condition. Let me know.

Scott
Chaplain
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I'd keep the tank bag you have and purchase a waterproof roll bag for strapping down on the rear. You can purchase the waterproof roll bags VERY inexpensively on amazon and ebay ($30-$40 for one of good size). They won't say BMW but they'll keep your gear dry. JMO

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'd keep the tank bag you have and purchase a waterproof roll bag for strapping down on the rear. You can purchase the waterproof roll bags VERY inexpensively on amazon and ebay ($30-$40 for one of good size). They won't say BMW but they'll keep your gear dry. JMO
+1

·
Registered
528 Posts
You can also replace the rather large BMW Tank Bag with a smaller aftermarket version and use the existing mounting system.

That mounting system is worth the $300 by itself!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Wally World had dry bags in various sizes, and they're quite inexpensive. No shipping ...

JayJay

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for everyone's input, I will look into a smaller bag but am still willing to trade.

Almost time to ride here in the Midwest. Ye ha!:bmw:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts