BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading through some recent threads, I just can't help but think how interesting next year's CCR is going to be. I'm getting the feeling that some newer members like O o and BrainFry think that us OLD GUYS ride these LTs like we're a bunch of Wingers. Just because these guys don't have sportbikes listed in their signature, or a sportbike in their avatar does not mean that they can't ride. And don't get me wrong....I assure you that I am not the fastest or most aggressive rider on this forum. But I'd bet I'm in the upper 20%. I personally invite you to come show me your madd skillz at Road Atlanta! :p

So...all of you who think you're ALL THAT, we'll see ya at CCR next year, right? I'm not saying y'all can't ride. But, don't be surprised when some 'old fart' passes you. Heck...I'm bringing my ZX-11 (or whatever sportbike I have at that time), and I won't be surprised if one of these crazy "oltimers" passes me riding that.

·
Registered
335 Posts
messenger13 said:
Reading through some recent threads, I just can't help but think how interesting next year's CCR is going to be. I'm getting the feeling that some newer members like O o and BrainFry think that us OLD GUYS ride these LTs like we're a bunch of Wingers.

Hey, Joe... don't mean to burst your bubble... but I'm actually older
than you.

:)

B

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep...I knew that. But don't worry, I ride like an old fart. Slow and steady...the way you're SUPPOSED to ride an LT. :D

See ya on the track.

·
Registered
335 Posts
There's always someone faster, there's always someone slower. Regardless
of where or what you're riding. I'm sure there are plenty of fast LT riders
on here/out there... I'm just saying that with the exception of my friend
and riding buddy, "Fastpapaw"... I haven't seen any... YET.

B

·
IBR# 366
16,554 Posts
Who you calling old? :)

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Feeling those 4 decades, Old Man..... ;)

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh . . . you know. All those 40-year-old OLD FARTS!!! Wuz that dirt falling off yer bike, or wuz you just fartin' DUST?!? :D

·
IBR# 366
16,554 Posts
My only concern is getting blinded by Motolight Mania after I pass you. Think you can crank those down for a couple of laps? ;)

And yep, I'm looking forward to a place to ride with no buffalo and no speed limits. But someone else will have to take the pics, 'cause I won't care about anything except catching up to the next guy . . .

Yep, this is gonna be fun. :)

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But I don't have MotoLights on my NINJA!!! < EeeeeVIL LAUGHTER >

And I'll lay 'er down before letting you pass my Ninja with that beast of yours!!! :D

·
IBR# 366
16,554 Posts
messenger13 said:
And I'll lay 'er down before letting you pass my Ninja with that beast of yours!!! :D
If you insist. ;)

I'm still bummed that we only got to ride together on 45 mph roads in Wyoming. No such restrictions next year. :) Of course, I've only been on the Dragon once, on someone else's LT, and I hear you've had a bit more practice there.

As for your Ninja versus your LT, I still can't believe you're considering trailering down to Atlanta. I can't even begin to think of the possible retorts there. Unless you're planning on hauling the Ninja behind the LT?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
The testosterone is flowing already! In true NASCAR tradition, this could make for considerable amusement as a spectator: how many LTs will be thrown down on the track at Road Atlanta ?? Can't wait! :D

- Bob

·
IBR# 366
16,554 Posts
Nice ride there, David. Brings back memories.

Grif, of course you realize that Barbara was making some of those same noises while she and I were playing there. :) Maybe less scraping, but she sure was singing.

Dang, now I gotta get Ohlins or Wilbers before August. Or maybe a K12GT. :D

And Bob, the trick is to not lay it down. Sliding really messes up your lap times. :eek: And yeah, maybe a bit of testosterone, but it sure beats Bitch Moan & Whine, doesn't it?

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
Yeppir, I've heard them noises and then lean the bod harder into the turn to minimize them. I did jack my rear wheel off the ground with the center stand whilst riding at the spring training camp, thought I had just stepped out on a pebble or somethang. The color smoothe drained from the face when the guy riding behind me told me about it. She sure can sing and I think you'll be surprised at perkiness now.

I think sliding down the track would sure mess up more than my lap time, might mess up my hair, too!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yessir...I think next year's CCR is going to be the MAC DADDY of all CCRs. Of course, it's only my 3rd one. But...you take Deal's Gap, the Cherohala Skyway, the north Georgian mountain roads, and top them all off with Road Atlanta! Are you kidding me?! Testosterone my eye! We're talking about nothing BUT pure adrenaline!!! WOOHOO!!!!! Yippee OH KAYAH!!!

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Prodigal Son
1,297 Posts
''Next year i'll be slayin the dragon on the LT."
++++++++++++++++++++
Note to self: Buy the Wilbers.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
The best part of the video is the sound of the pegs dragin'!!
Great video, but the LT will plain smoke them Wingers!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Okay, you youngsters (Joe) -- just rememeber that old age a treachery will triumph over youth and skill every time! I remember this lesson well from getting dusted by a cigar-chomping 80 year old on a track a few (well, few is relative) years ago in an SCCA race. Now that I've reached treachery territory....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts