BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not if you have the 7 digit sensor ID. The tool is inexpensive though and it does come in handy sometimes, especially if you don't have the ID. Some have just put a new one in and rode till it was recognized but that has never worked for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not if you have the 7 digit sensor ID. The tool is inexpensive though and it does come in handy sometimes, especially if you don't have the ID. Some have just put a new one in and rode till it was recognized but that has never worked for me.
Thanks. Just ordered the tool from Walmart, $10.99. Don't want to mount the new TPMS's and tires to discover my GS911 won't recognize them.
Cheers,
PG

·
Registered
523 Posts
The replacement TPMS sensors ie not the banana shaped ones, so the latest ones that fit, do not come with a 7 digit code anymore. You have to wake them up for them to register.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The replacement TPMS sensors ie not the banana shaped ones, so the latest ones that fit, do not come with a 7 digit code anymore. You have to wake them up for them to register.
Mine did.

·
Registered
2014 R1200RT
12 Posts
Another option is to take your sensor to your favorite auto tire store and have them scan it for you and snap a picture of the screen results. I ordered some Schrader 3141M sensors from Germany, the seller had scanned the sensors and affixed a label to the box with the number.
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Font

·
Premium Member
2020 R1250RT Alpine White
215 Posts
Well the replacement ones that we got from BMW didn't have any 6 digit codes and BMW confirmed there is no longer a code. As fitted to a 2015 RTp
Now this is likely a stupid question - but does this mean that the sensors need to be programmed (by a Schrader supported tool) prior to the bike TPMS sensor being able to detect and monitor them? (I ask as Schrader is promoting their new "EZ-sensor" line of products, and one of their marketing sheets has this "Once programmed, EZ-sensor® will behave just like an original equipment sensor.")

I use an Autel TS-401 tool to activate and monitor all the TPMS sensors on our cars and bikes.

Larry

·
Registered
523 Posts
We didn’t. Plugged in the computer which allowed us to activate a new sensor, gs911 would do the same, used a cheepo wake up tool from China and it woke the sensor up and then allowed the bike to register the new sensor. As I said the new replacement sensors had no code with them from BMW or any code written on them.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
We didn’t. Plugged in the computer which allowed us to activate a new sensor, gs911 would do the same, used a cheepo wake up tool from China and it woke the sensor up and then allowed the bike to register the new sensor. As I said the new replacement sensors had no code with them from BMW or any code written on them.
I get that, but thought this might be one of Schrader's new EZ-sensor products where they need to be programmed (as to protocol, etc.) prior to being installed in the rim. Looking at the Schrader catalog this part number doesn't use that architecture.

While researching this found an on-topic thread on a K1600 forum: Cheaper "OEM" TPMS sensors found (not chinese)

Thanks for the information -
Larry

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Inspektor, we need the name of your vendor in Germany. Also this one has been working for me:
This sure looks good:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Two batteries and a glue gun that you can use for many other purposes. It works just fine.
I have a 08 RT and did the surgery about a year ago. Still works.

·
Registered
2014 R1200RT
12 Posts
I think I've watched every YouTube video on the process and they all break the welded tabs from the battery instead of desoldering the tabs from the board and soldering in new tabbed battery. I believe that's why people are getting mixed results. Perhaps it can't be done. I going to attempt to do mine someday.

·
Registered
2014 R1200RT
12 Posts
Inspektor, we need the name of your vendor in Germany. Also this one has been working for me:
This sure looks good:

AUTOTECHNIK24 shipped quickly via DHL, but the sensors were 5wks on a pallet in Chicago awaiting US Customs processing. Two sensors and two bolts were about $140 USD shipped. Thankfully I wasn't charged duty fees. The new smaller design sensors and shorter bolts weight about 40% less.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Another option is to order this KTM part: 61412033000 (was $65 last time I ordered one). This is the same Schrader 3141M sensor as shown above. I just needed this BMW bolt: Part # 36318359961 for the RT wheels.

Reactions: nh1200c

·
Premium Member
215 Posts

AUTOTECHNIK24 shipped quickly via DHL, but the sensors were 5wks on a pallet in Chicago awaiting US Customs processing. Two sensors and two bolts were about $140 USD shipped. Thankfully I wasn't charged duty fees. The new smaller design sensors and shorter bolts weight about 40% less.
Thanks for the information on the OEM sensors and Autotechnik24. Ordered two sensors and two bolts. Price with shipping (DHL) ~$140.00.

Larry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the information on the OEM sensors and Autotechnik24. Ordered two sensors and two bolts. Price with shipping (DHL) ~$140.00.

Larry
Hi Larry;

That $140 sounds like a lot of $ for two sensors and bolts. Knowing they are OEM, jacks the $$ of course. Was the price due largely to the Autotechnik24? I'm not familiar with this analyzer.

Cheers,
Paul G.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Hi Larry;

That $140 sounds like a lot of $ for two sensors and bolts. Knowing they are OEM, jacks the $$ of course. Was the price due largely to the Autotechnik24? I'm not familiar with this analyzer.

Cheers,
Paul G.
Paul,

The price from Max BMW if you buy them there is over $400 for two sensors and mounting screws, so the savings are substantial. Also to be clear these are the same Schrader parts you will get from BMW, just not labeled as BMW.

The Autotecknik24 link is a German supplier with international shipping and stock of these sensors.

Ride safe,
Larry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Paul,

The price from Max BMW if you buy them there is over $400 for two sensors and mounting screws, so the savings are substantial. Also to be clear these are the same Schrader parts you will get from BMW, just not labeled as BMW.

The Autotecknik24 link is a German supplier with international shipping and stock of these sensors.

Ride safe,
Larry
Thanks for the clarification Larry.

Safe riding to you as well.

Cheers,
Paul G.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think I've watched every YouTube video on the process and they all break the welded tabs from the battery instead of desoldering the tabs from the board and soldering in new tabbed battery. I believe that's why people are getting mixed results. Perhaps it can't be done. I going to attempt to do mine someday.
You won't physically be able to solder the tabs in place onto the board, there's just no room to do that. Instead, solder small wire pigtails onto the sensor, which can then be soldered to the tabs of the new battery. I've been running a few years that way:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts