BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to installing a TPMS system on Roxy..
After much research, I decided on the Orange TPMS M202. They recently added a software upgrade that makes it compatable with the K1200LT. You can monitor TP 32-78psi, and tire temp up to 176 F, with capability to set warnings anywhere thru the range.
It has the sensors that you mount inside the wheels, and a 12V monitor. Very simple install. Since I have an aftermarket audio system, I disassembled the driver mute/volume switch, gutted it, and epoxied the new switch on the housing. It looks perfect!
I really started to get concerned about tire pressures and temps after reading about so many unnecessary tire failure accidents...

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,902 Posts
Good looking install. I enjoy my Smartire that I put on several years ago but it is out of production. I no longer checked my tires every day before a ride and discovered that it was not a good habit as I got surpized by a bubble in the tread one day. Luckily I spotted it while the bike was still parked and cold. Now I do a good visual every day before I ride and use the monitor for tire pressure. Enjoy.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered this from Two Cycle Guys for around $150 TOTAL.
If you order, MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM IT IS FOR THE K1200LT. They will change out the FRONT sensor to one with a longer stem so it will work (FREE of charge). Two Cycle Guys and Orange have OUTSTANDING customer support!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
THat is a MUCH better price than I paid for the TPMS that I removed from the bike and have sitting in a box somewhere!

Nice install... not that I am surprised.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Cochinosucio said:
I finally got around to installing a TPMS system on Roxy.
Very, very slick install! What's the cost for the TPMS?

·
Registered
929 Posts
L_Rudy said:
Very, very slick install! What's the cost for the TPMS?

Quote from above:
I ordered this from Two Cycle Guys for around $150 TOTAL.
If you order, MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM IT IS FOR THE K1200LT. They will change out the FRONT sensor to one with a longer stem so it will work (FREE of charge). Two Cycle Guys and Orange have OUTSTANDING customer support!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Your tire monitor system install is very nice but I like the blue dash lights! Are they led or regular bulbs?

Sorry to hijack but has anyone tried ultraviolate led's?

Loren

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wa1200lt said:
Your tire monitor system install is very nice but I like the blue dash lights! Are they led or regular bulbs?

Click on the LED LIGHT BULBS

wa1200lt said:
Sorry to hijack but has anyone tried ultraviolate led's?
I did, but I had to wear sunscreen everytime I rode.... :histerica

·
Registered
34 Posts
Joining the hijack. :-(

So... looking at the link you posted, are the #74-xHP3's a straight swap out for the stock bulbs or did you have to do some sort of mod to get them to fit?

Also, because I'm too lazy to run out to the garage and rip the dash apart to find out, how many bulbs would we need?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tjc said:
Joining the hijack. :-(

So... looking at the link you posted, are the #74-xHP3's a straight swap out for the stock bulbs or did you have to do some sort of mod to get them to fit?

Also, because I'm too lazy to run out to the garage and rip the dash apart to find out, how many bulbs would we need?
Straight swap, you need 5 (five) bulbs.

I didn't even remove my windscreen to change the dash lights. If you take all 7 screws holding the glareshield on, you can work around it.

REMEMBER! The LEDs are POLARITY SENSITIVE! They will not light if hooked up backwards. No damage, just no worky. Test each one AS YOU PUT IT IN.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts