BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi wonder if any of you lt riders know of any places in uk for tow bars iv'e seen some in the usa be very gratefull if anybody can help not posted a lot comuter been on the blink :D :eek:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Why not import from the USA, I got a Dauntless hitch when I bought the LT. No problems in fitting and didn't take that long to arrive. In fact it arrived before the bike. Only problem was that the provided ball was imperial size which is slightly too small for the metric trailer fitting. I ended up modifying the trailer as I didn't have time to try and find a replacement before heading off on a trip. Still it has lasted over two years now.
If you go for the UK one check how easy it is to remove to allow you to change the back tyre. If you can't get the ball out of the way then the wheel wont come out the back. The Dauntless hitch makes this simple.
Rember that if you have the integral brakes you will need to fit an isolator between the bike and trailer electrics. Again I got one from the USA, can't remember from where at the moment but you could likely find it in the FAQ.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks JimG
I have looked on the dauntless site before and thought it might a hassle to get from the usa i think that i will try this route as this tow bar looks good and you can take it of when you don't need it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts