BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good safe place to park and LT with helmets and clothing that can not be placed in the side cases while my SO and I sight see in and around Miami?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I carry a duffel I picked up at Sports Authority it folds down REALLY small and can hold all my gear and my helmet. I have motoport kevlar and this stuff does NOT fold down at all...

I travel to Miami on a regular basis and have on occasion dropped my bag at a hotel baggage area for a few bucks and come back and suit up in the lobby.

I have never been asked if I was a guest of the hotel I just walk up and ask if they could hold this bag till I come back later to leave.

Tip the bellman a few bucks and away you go!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
wa1200lt said:
I got tired of trying to get everything folded and stuffed into the side cases when we stopped to visit the sites. I bought a vinyl coated cable lock with a built in key lock. Pass the cable through the luggage handles, through the arms of the jackets, the chin bar of the helmets and you are done.

http://consumer.schlage.com/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ModelNumber=999201

Loren
Go to any bicycle shop and just pick up a length of cable with the ends closed. Use your own pad lock as most people own an assortment. I did that for a canoe that we keep on our dock.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
DanDiver said:
Go to any bicycle shop and just pick up a length of cable with the ends closed. Use your own pad lock as most people own an assortment. I did that for a canoe that we keep on our dock.
Dan,

The reason I do not like leaving the stuff "out" is that a vandal can do some damage trying to steal your stuff.

The least amount of farkels, apparel, etc that are open to the prying eyes of a would be thief the better.

Trust me, the hotel thing works every time.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Paul - Good reasoning....

Got some interesting weather heading our way. Could make the 10th a wet 24 hours!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
budzee said:
Is there a good safe place to park and LT with helmets and clothing that can not be placed in the side cases while my SO and I sight see in and around Miami?
Might want to park north of town, like in Jacksonville! :histerica

My wife who is from S. FL says to go to the bus station and put your stuff in a locker or check out one of the storage places. She thought they might rent a space by the day if they had empties. Some money better than no money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts