BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride an RT and I'm looking for mid season touring gloves. I have well used BMW summer gloves and bulky BMW winter gloves but I am looking for a comfortable touring glove that would cover 3 seasons. I'm looking at Lee Parkes gauntlet but not sure. Any suggestions welcome. :bmw:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Like the Held Rodneys. Good airflow and are comfortable.

Revzilla sells them, around 120.00 not the cheapest.

·
Registered
453 Posts
For my mid season gloves, I currently use the BMW Allround.

While the fit perfectly and are dry, the only criticism I have is the finger wiper. It tears off. I have never had this happen on a glove before. The first time it was replaced under warranty, and now it has happened again. Even though I trimmed the split rubber, it has continued to split. It will not be too long before I lose the wiper completely.

Not sure if I am the only one who has had this phenomenon, I wonder if others would like to comment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I wondered about BMW gloves. Just thought I'd look for something different this time but might end up with these

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I use a set of mid weights from Harley Davidson, and come to think of it my light weights are as well. Whatever works imo

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I am very pesky about buying gloves. These are good, even a short finger version available. (which is my issue) Held are made in Germany. They know that many folks ride BMW and have heated grips. These work for that. Plenty of protection.
Held Steve Classic Gloves - RevZilla

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I use the Held Air N Dry gloves. Very versatile. The same thing is available from BMW. They call them : 2 in 1 gloves.
They must be made by Held because they are exactly the same.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have the BMW Allround glove. Great value, reasonably warm and waterproof. I'm on my second pair and haven't had an issue with the wiper.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I normally ride wearing Aerostich Elkskin ropers. I have been using them exclusively for the last eight years. (Same pair) I just decided to try the GS Drygloves. I haven't ridden with them yet as it is only getting to riding weather in the northeast but they are really nice gloves

1 - 9 of 9 Posts