BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it might be a little late to ask this question since I just ordered these parts an hour ago, but maybe I should go ahead and ask anyway.

I just ordered the Touratech 065-0066 mount for the Garmin 2610 and the Touratech 040-0652 bracket for the K1200LT.

Can someone tell me if they have tried this (these) product(s)?

Thanks
Dean

·
Registered
637 Posts
Don't know how the numbers match up, but I've got a locking touratech mount for the 2610, all mounted on a BMR shelf -- and it all works great.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Mike....

Does the Touratech happen to hit the windshield when it's all the way down?
What type of windsheild do you have?
What model tourateck do you have?
065-0068 or 065-0066

Cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had the same set up and the tourtech hit the windshield so I sent it back.

I ended up going with a chrome RAM base ($22.00) and a 1 3/4" chrome connector bar and the RAM 2610 mounting cradle. Does not have locking feature but the unit is very easy to remove and lock in one of the cases. Saved myself $100 and the application is very clean. Used one hole already in the BMR and drilled one hole.

Plus the windshield drops all the way down.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WFZone said:
I ended up going with a chrome RAM base ($22.00) and a 1 3/4" chrome connector bar and the RAM 2610 mounting cradle. Does not have locking feature but the unit is very easy to remove and lock in one of the cases. Saved myself $100 and the application is very clean. Used one hole already in the BMR and drilled one hole.

Plus the windshield drops all the way down.
I have the ram setup now.... I have forgotten to remove the GPS a few times, and I am getting tired of having to remove the GPS every time I stop.

I am hoping that the locking mount will solve my issues, but I must admit that I don't want it hitting the windshield... if it does, I will try making some modifications to the mount before I give up and send it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts