BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Missed us by about four miles tonight.

We didn't even stop dinner to run or anything. They blew the sirens about four times.

With the new radars they have they get it down to the street level now so we just sat and watched it on the TV like it was just another program...

Welcome to tornado alley. Ho Hum... need to go for a ride... It's sunny again and the road is just the tiniest bit wet.

John

·
Registered
666 Posts
Its May !

I'll just be glad when the wind quits blowin. It seems like it's been a very windy winter/spring.

Glad you're ok.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Saw some film of it on the news this am...scary! Hurricane season right around the corner...oh boy.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Glad you're OK. I just flew back from Arkansas this morning, left from Memphis and had to fly around the storms. Tornadoes hit 2 towns I drove through last night; 7 killed in the state. My mom is in a rehabilitation hospital in Jonesboro, AR after hip replacement surgery this past weekend, she said they got everyone in their wheelchairs and were ready to move them to the basement. That's a little too close for my comfort.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Blew through here around 430am...lots of wind and rain. Lost power from 430 till 830 this morning. Saw where a 15 year old in Siloam Springs was killed when a tree fell into her bedroom.

Beautiful today!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It never stops amazing me about the weather here. After the most violent, tornado ridden night, The next day is usually extremely beautiful.

Yes it's a little windy here, But I'm glad I don't live in Guymon or Lawton. It seems to get fairly windy most of the time in those places.

Everyone's got their weather to deal with. Different in every region I guess.

I'd hate to have to live with the temps and snow you guys up north get.

I hate snow. :)

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts