BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the topcase sitting on the seat have everything disconnected, except the wires for the passenger headset, I found what appears to be a connection, that appears to be weather proof with some kind of shrink wrap or watertight cover. How is this removed or is there some other place to disconnect it?

Thanks

ps: I have looked in HOW and found steps in removal but does not include this wire.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
That may be the connection to the antenna; I don't remember a shrink wrapped connector for he passenger headset/controls. Follow the wire towards the front of the bike and you should find a connector you can disconnect. Otherwise there shoild be something tucked under the rear seat.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave, the antenna does not attach to the topcase, it is attached below it. I found the front coms connector with a bit of electrical tape around it and it is the same type of connector. So I think I may slice it with the knife.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Raffy, this wire goes to the coms connector for the headset next to the accessory plug on the left side of the topcase looking forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts