BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if removing the topcase helps to eliminate the backdraft (air pushing on the helmet from behind) one gets riding on highways with the windscreen in the full upright position?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
hoodoodrum said:
I'm wondering if removing the topcase helps to eliminate the backdraft (air pushing on the helmet from behind) one gets riding on highways with the windscreen in the full upright position?
Tim - it might help a leetle, butt won't eliminate it completely. That windshield provides the Bernoulli Effect pretty good, even with the underdraft slot at the base. However, removing the topcase did seem to lessen that neck backdraft for me, at speed. Give her a try and see whatcha think. Very easy to do.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
Dick said:
Tim - it might help a leetle, butt won't eliminate it completely. That windshield provides the Bernoulli Effect pretty good, even with the underdraft slot at the base. However, removing the topcase did seem to lessen that neck backdraft for me, at speed. Give her a try and see whatcha think. Very easy to do.
Dick's right. If you've ever run a Parabellum windshield with the ports, you'll see it's mostly windshield that creates the back pressure.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
grifscoots said:
Dick's right. If you've ever run a Parabellum windshield with the ports, you'll see it's mostly windshield that creates the back pressure.
Dick, I may try removing if a different screen doesn't help.
How different is that Parabellum from the stock? Grif.... do you have the ports?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Well, he did for a while before he had a rainy day get off. His was a shortened unit with ports. I had full height with ports. I didn't have the back pressure issue with the ports open. The Parabellum sits up straight and doesn't lay back like the BMW or V-Stream. You can see what one looks like here, and then clink on the K1200LT link. The one shown in the picture does not show the ports.

·
Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Bugs on the back of the windshield

Guess that explains why I have to remove bugs from both sides.... I have noticed that the amount varies with the height of the windshield. Lower has less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts