BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering besides getting a complete lower case assy to replace the broken latch on my top case{beemer bone yard}has anyone heard of a milenhaus trunk latch as a replacement?? any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
they look exelent but I am still waiting for mine no word yet :( besides s/h they are the only option at this point other than buying a whole new case if you have warranty I believe it may be claimable good luck check out millenhaus on this site in the sub groups

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drive a 2000 k1200lt. Only manual opening... I have bought a Topcase latching mechanism, complete, includes electric servo from LtParts.com (Anthony Kay). He told me that I should'nt have any problem installing it. I am missing the wiring... I am wondering if i should know more about that installation.
Excuse my poor english. I am a french canadian from Québec.

Marcel

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
marceldoyer said:
Excuse my poor english. I am a french canadian from Québec.

Marcel
Your English is much better than my French so know apologies neccessary.

Not sure on the wiring since my 02 does not have an electric lock either. Only electric in the top trunk is the vanity light.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Marcel,

You won't have any electrical connections on a 2000 LT. The parts you received were for a 2005 or later LT. The mechanical operation is the same, you just won't have the electrical locking capability.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Howdy All:

I hope you are doing great.

Any news on the Millenhaus kit? I tried sending an email but it bounced back to me.

It is getting to be riding time and I want to get it fixed before then.

Best regards, tony

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just recieved word that michael gore is making these replacement latch kits.his email address is [email protected] plastics.com his phone # 815-675-0844 . i will let you know what info i get back. stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Remove the left hand pin that your broken jaw assembly tries to grab a hold of.

If your's hasn't broken yet, remove the pin before it does break.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts