BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the grandson to the motorcycle show in Peterboro and took the leathers and stuffed them into the top box. It must have been too much strain on shutting it properly as the next time I used it the top left corner broke which is connected to the mechanism that pulls the finger over the pin to secure the top. BMW says you have to order the entire bottom of the top box. Far too much money. Anyone have one or know where I can get one?

Cheers,

Dale

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
dmwelch54 said:
I took the grandson to the motorcycle show in Peterboro and took the leathers and stuffed them into the top box. It must have been too much strain on shutting it properly as the next time I used it the top left corner broke which is connected to the mechanism that pulls the finger over the pin to secure the top. BMW says you have to order the entire bottom of the top box. Far too much money. Anyone have one or know where I can get one?

Cheers,

Dale
Hi, Dale - of the several aftermarket fixes for the broken trunk latch, there is one who is one of our sponsors. Check the sponsor page and note the lower right hand corner web pointer. Also, using the search engine will bring up various other solutions - some with instructions on homemade results. All with no need to buy a top trunk. Good luck, Dale.

·
Registered
719 Posts
my latch broke awhile back,,,top right hand side,,,i took the latch pin out..the latch only holds with the left side now,works great ,,so much easier to close,never a problem with water getting in

1 - 3 of 3 Posts