BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add the chrome lift handle on the back side of the top box lid to my new 03 LT. It is stock on the 05 and newer LTs. I cant find a part number anywhere.

Does anyone know where to find one?

I just sold my 00 LT with 116k and upgraded to an 03 showroom clean with 15k.

Thanks

Kevin Smith

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
KevinSmith84047 said:
I want to add the chrome lift handle on the back side of the top box lid to my new 03 LT. It is stock on the 05 and newer LTs. I cant find a part number anywhere.

Thanks

Kevin Smith

As far as I know its not a part that is sold as an individual piece. Comes complete with the top case. You will have to try to scrounge it from the various part dealers. LTparts.com, ebay, craigslist etc.....

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Beemerboneyard has them for $95.00 last time I looked

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
If you search this site, I think you will also find that some members have found that the stainless steel draw pull from ACE Hardware looks cool too!

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I seem to remember it was less expensive at Home Depot... about $7.00? ;)

It will take a wee bit of grinding to get the posts to mount flush with the box. The handle has the exact same radius curve as the box.

Strange - I've never had a latch break. Just always push down firmly before opening/closing the box.

Not chrome, but a powder coat satin finish. A guy could certainly get it chromed... but then Joe would chime in. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Yes, it is available as Retro Fit (Both of LTs have it)

71607700656 SET: RETROFIT KIT, CHROME STRIPS

KevinSmith84047 said:

Thanks

Kevin Smith

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
The coolest trunk handle EVER was on my '02 LT. This piece was made in Germany and I've only seen 3 of them in the States ... very rare.

RonKMiller said:
A guy could certainly get it chromed... but then Joe would chime in. :D
I don't think even chrome is going to make that Home Depot drawer pull look better. :p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
MattKas said:
Yes, it is available as Retro Fit (Both of LTs have it)

71607700656 SET: RETROFIT KIT, CHROME STRIPS
$208.00 :kaboom: :kaboom: :eek2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts