BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toosy's Way Station, about 5 miles south of Dahlonega, GA, near the end of GA 400. A popular meeting place for riders heading to the northeast GA mountains. Now closed - permanently out of business. Big parking lot - still a good meeting place.

The gal who runs the "She Rides Active Wear" store next door to Toosy's is still there - had a nice 1/2 hour chat with her a few days ago. When I told her that Sharon and I were heading to TWO for a hamburger lunch, she said that TWO does not serve lunch during the week. She was correct. We continued on to Hiawassee for lunch. Missing a TWO hamburger lunch was the only disappointment during our 2 day ride in the northeast GA mountains.

- Bob

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Well, I can't say that I miss Toosy's as it wasn't much of a place to stop at anyway. The menu was VERY limited and the building itself was kind of queer.

TWO on the otherhand is kind of neet, food was pretty good and you gotta like the atmosphere!

If you ever sneak over the border to Murphy and ya' like BBQ, you gotta stop in at Herb's BBQ on Highway 64 at the 4 milepost. (they are 4 miles into NC coming from Ocoee region)

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have to agree with Brett on this. I kept hearing and reading about Toosy's before I went the first time, and I must say I was underwhelmed by the place. I almost wish I hadn't gone out of my way to find it. Mostly Harley stuff anyway. On the other hand, I guess if you're coming from Atlanta it is a good place to meet. Besides, I don't like to see anybody lose their shirt in a business endeavor. :(

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
When they closed the sandwich shop (I think well over a year ago now) it seemed the bussiness dropped drastically. heck that was the only reason to stop there unless you were shopping for a bike.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
As with Al, the write-ups made Toosy's "a must" stop! Went out of my way the first time, and it was my last.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
What was funny actually, it was right after the write ups when the closed the sandwich shop..... All it takes is money to make a go of something <g>

·
Registered
197 Posts
Meeting Place

I have been stoping by Tootsie's for over a year now. When David was there running the place (you knew because his ST1100 would be up front) it was always a pleasure to stop, specially because he "hated" Harleys..LOL it was funny to hear him talk about it. I gave him plenty of business buying helmets, a GIVI v46 bag for my V-Strom and numerous small bits. Once he cleared out, reasons unknown, things kind went down pretty much, it was a matter of time. In terms of a meeting place is one of the bests as from there you have 3 different directions you ride too based on what you want to do that day, when your friends are scattered all over ATL meeting there just makes it easier.

In the other hand "She Rides Active Wear" is expensive and I think at least 60% of their business came from people that stopped there because of Tootsie's. So they need to watch. Everything you see in there is cheaper elsewhere.

For someone with money to spend and a bit of business saviness......that place has potential, not just for bikers but everyone passing by on the way to the mountains.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
they were on the way down way before david left (who happens to be a friend of mine) winters can break you up here. I only live about 7 miles from there. David now has a week day job. no more weekends, which I miss cause i have alway;s been able to take monday and go riding with him :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Say Hello

Well tmgs if you see him tell him Darcy Bastos bimmer guy says hello. He will know who I am I hope. Tell him I am finally at an LT after my RT.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Dave, you don't like the food at the CROT? What did ya' have, bread and water?

Their food is ok, but like you said the Ironhorse food is worth the second trip. BTW, Tapoco Lodge food is worth a second, third........time!

Hope to see you this weekend; don't bring the chump (in mean chomp) with you!

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Well you should have just gone on over to Turner's Corner on Hwy 129. I can truly say their burger is better than TWO's. In fact, it is almost a toss up between it and the one at Tiger, Ga.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
JCarver said:
Well you should have just gone on over to Turner's Corner on Hwy 129. I can truly say their burger is better than TWO's. In fact, it is almost a toss up between it and the one at Tiger, Ga.

I honestly like TWO's burger better than turners corners burgers, however turners corner has great food, TWO is still open and doing great.

BTW TWO (two wheels only) is not Toosy's, (which Toosys is what we were talking about,
Toosys was at the end of 400 they used to have a small kitchen that had decent breakfast sandwiches and some lunnh sandwichs

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
ATLDB said:
Well tmgs if you see him tell him Darcy Bastos bimmer guy says hello. He will know who I am I hope. Tell him I am finally at an LT after my RT.

Thanks
Will do Darcy, I talked to him today in fact

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts