BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was / is the original tool kit on an LT?

A tool roll type ?..or a pouch type ? where was it carried/stowed ?

I know I can make up my own, or go with Cruz-Tools, but any OEM's known for sale?

Ron

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
roll-up, stows in left side case at rear, secured in place by rubber strap.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Ron02LT said:
What was / is the original tool kit on an LT?

A tool roll type ?..or a pouch type ? where was it carried/stowed ?

I know I can make up my own, or go with Cruz-Tools, but any OEM's known for sale?

Ron
I didn't like the roll kit for tools, etc. The attaching strap and 'holster' wouldn't stay put on ole Toad. So, here is what I did. Eliminated my aggravation with the OEM roll. HTH.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I remember seeing that thread, Dick. Only shelf liner I found was quite thin. How thick is the liner that you are using? Rubber, foam, or foam rubber?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
deputy5211 said:
I remember seeing that thread, Dick. Only shelf liner I found was quite thin. How thick is the liner that you are using? Rubber, foam, or foam rubber?
Both. The cutouts were made in a high density foam layer, and the solid pieces are thin rubber. The kit I found at Sears contained everything, including a decently sharp knife. I found it in the tool section - near the tool chest line.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Dick said:
Both. The cutouts were made in a high density foam layer, and the solid pieces are thin rubber. The kit I found at Sears contained everything, including a decently sharp knife. I found it in the tool section - near the tool chest line.
Cheers, Dick. I will go back to S&R and see if I can find a bit of that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello Ron,

About the only actual tool in mine was a reversible screwdriver plus some fuses. I guess they thought that the first buyers would not be working on their own bikes. That having been said, find a junk yard and go into the trunks of old BMW cars. the tool kits are located on the inside of the trunk lids. If you can find an old E23 or E32 7 series, you will find a gold mine of tools by the same manufacturer who made the motorcycle tools.

Regards,

Will

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
The first years of the LT had a pouch with a reasonable tool kit in them, the later years much less so as far as I can remember from posts here. I don't know what year it changed.

will3hawks said:
Hello Ron,

About the only actual tool in mine was a reversible screwdriver plus some fuses. I guess they thought that the first buyers would not be working on their own bikes. That having been said, find a junk yard and go into the trunks of old BMW cars. the tool kits are located on the inside of the trunk lids. If you can find an old E23 or E32 7 series, you will find a gold mine of tools by the same manufacturer who made the motorcycle tools.

Regards,

Will

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
with mine the tools kept working there way out of the roll kit, so I bought a small leather zippered bag and filled it with some real tools.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts