BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to doing a writeup on our recent nine day excursion to the Southwest. I wasn't on my LT as it would not go to many of the places we rode. If you are interested in Utah take a look at http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100576
There just wasn't enough time to go to all the places we wanted to go. I think I need at least a couple of months.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I was reading that yesterday, a great trip report. I would like to do that sometime next year, for Moab I think I would use my 450EXC.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your 450 would be perfect at Moab. The 950 can do it but not with stock tires and it is a workout even with knobbies. If I ever do it again it will be on something like a 450.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
great pictures

Great pictures thanks for sharing.
My wife and I did Maob to the Grand Canyon last year with my K1100LT,
I would love to do the dirt roads there.
Awesome pictures, I especially like the reduce speed one.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Nice write-up. Thanks. A group of us gather twice a year at a little town called Torrey, Utah. It was right in the Capital Reef area you passed through. Biking nirvana is all I can say about that southwestern area of Utah. Nice job again on the story.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Quite a ride! Great pictures. One question kept coming up as I looked through them: How much fuel did you have to carry?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We each carried 1.5gals. If we had run more in second or third gear instead of so much 1st we wouldn't have needed any extra. We had ATV spare fuel cells that fit inside one sidecase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts