BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my '09 LT left Saturday morning, sold to a member here from Ohio.
Wanted to say thanks to all of you for a great forum.

In cleaning and clearing up the garage, I've found all those Plexus cans I couldn't locate earlier!

Ride safe, ride smart, your invisible; NOT invincible.
-Dave

·
Registered
198 Posts
Me too if you sell any Plexus. Since the stuff nearly doubled in price.....it's not finding it's way to my garage as much.

JD

·
Registered
494 Posts
Dave glad you were able to get the LT sold, and to another member here that's even better. I didn't figure it would take long at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Plexus other Uses

Have you ever tried it on the "fake wood" in a car? I tried it on my Ford 500SEL and it just glowed with a great shine. I have also wondered about it's use on flat screen TV. I have cleaned my Laptop screen many times and used the same cloth to wipe over the exterior and again it glows. Just a thought.

Edit to Laptop cleaning. I go out in the shop and get a microfiber cloth and spray plexus on one side and then bring it in and clean the laptop. I do not spray product directly to laptop due to getting in cracks, keys etc. Same method used for the car wood in the interior.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Roamrider said:
Me too if you sell any Plexus. Since the stuff nearly doubled in price.....it's not finding it's way to my garage as much.

JD
Jeff, Have you tried Lemon Pledge in lieu of Plexus? Seems to work great.

·
Super Moderator
1,410 Posts
Well I was not all that interested in the Plexus as much as I as interested in the bike - so I am the guy from Ohio
who bought the bike. What a great buy, what a great bike and what a great guy!

Flew in Friday night, stayed at Dave's house took off early Saturday morning and 38 hours later was back in home
in Cincinnati - Total 1994 miles with 28 hours in the saddle - the rest of the time gassing it up, calling home and sleeping.

Bike ran flawlessly - guess I will pull out my Plexus to keep the CE Baileys tinted windshield in perfect condition.

For those that are looking for a bike all I can say is I am 1000% satisfied with the results of buying from other
members in the Classifieds on this form . . .

So after I clean up the other bike in this picture I will be placing my add shortly!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
We rode a little later than we had planned yesterday and it got dark here in New York and the windshield fogged over. Anyone have a good product that you use to keep the windshield from fogging over?

Sally and Bruce

·
Super Moderator
1,410 Posts
I assume you have a stock BMW windshield?

If that is the case only use water to clean it and if it gets fogged use IPA to give it a good cleaning. The stock BMW shield has a very thin film on both sides and using various products other than water can tend to trap moisture under various conditions. There are a zillion threads on this subject but one must be clear on who's windshield you are using. These comments pertain to stock BMW windshield.

The bike I bought from Dave on this thread has a CE Bailey windshield and it is Plexus friendly. Also Dave lives in Boise, ID not known for having midwest or east coast humidity!!!

BTW, if you do not have a stock BMW windshield - never mind! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts