BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost riding season here in the Northeast. Too many potholes to count!

But in the meantime…

I’m looking to update the OEM windshield and seat and was thinking of just an Airflow type cushion with a bigger pan cushion for the seat. I had a laminar lip on my ’05 but I think a windshield swap is required now. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
If you are really serious about long distance riding, skip the Airflow type of cushion and have Russell Day Long do your seat. I couldn't do more than 45 minutes on the stock LT (or GTLE) seat, and after I had RDL do their magic, it has been easy to ride continuously between tankfuls. Your butt would even be thankful..I have had RDLs on both the LT and the GTLE. :bmw:

·
Registered
764 Posts
The best windshield on the market is the Quiet Ride by Werk Parts.

I hardly ever suggest something for someone to install on their motorcycle cause 'stuff' is so subjective and what may work for some guy may not work for other.

But the Quiet Ride is definitely the best, most effective shield I ever had in 'any' of my bike throughout the years.

RE: pot holes: you haven't seen pot holes 'till you ride in HI. We are the pothole capital of the world.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,191 Posts
The best windshield on the market is the Quiet Ride by Werk Parts.
Unfortunately they only make them for the 2014 and up RT. Not for the K1200LT.

Reactions: GoldRush

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
I've been very happy with the ZTechnik VStream. I use it during the winter and the BMW short during the summer. I am a look over, not through, the shield (unless it is raining) rider.

Reactions: GoldRush

·
Registered
183 Posts
Almost riding season here in the Northeast. Too many potholes to count!

But in the meantime…

I’m looking to update the OEM windshield and seat and was thinking of just an Airflow type cushion with a bigger pan cushion for the seat. I had a laminar lip on my ’05 but I think a windshield swap is required now. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Try an AirHawk seat cushion before switching seats. I use one and have done 1,100 miles in a day with no issues.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help. Comfy riding ideas are appreciated!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts