BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Tomtom Rider Bluetooth GPS

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Triker 
#1 ·
Hiya folks,

You may be interested with breaking news regarding the Tomtom Rider. They had a booth in Paris during the Bike fair with 2 systems working, one mounted on a Ducati, the other one on a maxi-scooter.

The product is supposed to be available late 2005. It seems very convenient with a touch screen that is easy to handle even with big fing... gloves ;p

Good point it comes with a Bluetooth mono headset that you can also use for your cell phone.

The official recommended price is 799 euros which is IMO quite expensive. But if you compared it to the BMW option, in fact it's cheap.

If you're interested, I can post a couple of pictures.

Cheers,

Pierre-Alain

#5 ·
This one?

Looks interesting... Getting close to replacing my Streetpilot and am always open to alternatives...

However the web site lists this at $1199.95! Hopefully that's the FULL RETAIL price!

#7 ·
TomTom

Gino said:
This one?

Looks interesting... Getting close to replacing my Streetpilot and am always open to alternatives...

However the web site lists this at $1199.95! Hopefully that's the FULL RETAIL price!
Yes that's the site.
I found places that they were not that expensive.
Are they as good as the Garmin? Can additional maps and routes be loaded?

Give eBay a search and see what they have. I did and still didn't know what the heck to look for. Seems they have made some kind of deal with MapQuest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.