BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My wife got me a TomTom 720 out of the blue for Christmas. I like it a lot but need advice on mounting it to my LT. The suction mount that came with it is fine for the car but I don't trust it for the LT.

Thx,
Ed

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
eotiii said:
Hello All,

My wife got me a TomTom 720 out of the blue for Christmas. I like it a lot but need advice on mounting it to my LT. The suction mount that came with it is fine for the car but I don't trust it for the LT.

Thx,
Ed
Hi, Ed -

While reading the 'Tom Cruise title' thread, I noticed this thread was listed in the menu below the TC one. Hope it helps in your selection of a good mount point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

Just finisihed mounting my tomtom xl on my LT. Hope you are able to see the attached pics.
The Unit comes with a bracket with a suction cup for the window and, this is the best, a ball joint. I skipped the part with the suction cup in one end and the ball in the other and replaced it with a new ball I bought. The joint could easily be unscrewed. The new ball has a hole and a M6 thread. I also bought BMW original GPS bracket.
The ball with the hole was put in the joint. I drilled a hole in the BMW original bracket and screwed it in place.

Thomas

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts