BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I pick up my new LT. I cannot wait. On top if this, my wife and son are flying to her sisters for 5 days. I am going straight from the dealer and hit the back roads for a 200 mile ride upstate NY to see by brother and spend the night, and will leaurely come back the next day. I already made my appointment for the 600 mile service for next week.
Ken

·
Registered
656 Posts
Grats!! the first few weeks are so much fun!! Then comes the I need this and that and I can do this!! Have fun!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks like you picked a great day for weather going up. Don't forget the sunscreen. Back of my neck got fried on Tuesday riding from NH to Long Island.

Bob

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I would not travel long distance if this was my first LT. On top of that it is a new bike and may need minor adjustments here and there.

What I recommend is that take a short trip first to see how you are adjusting to your new bike. Once you are comfortable and safe then take the longer trips.

Have fun...

ken6217 said:
Tomorrow I pick up my new LT. I cannot wait. On top if this, my wife and son are flying to her sisters for 5 days. I am going straight from the dealer and hit the back roads for a 200 mile ride upstate NY to see by brother and spend the night, and will leaurely come back the next day. I already made my appointment for the 600 mile service for next week.
Ken

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
MattKas said:
I would not travel long distance if this was my first LT. On top of that it is a new bike and may need minor adjustments here and there.

What I recommend is that take a short trip first to see how you are adjusting to your new bike. Once you are comfortable and safe then take the longer trips.

Have fun...
Love ya' Mat but let's get real............"RIDE IT LIKE YA' STOLE IT''....:histerica

·
Registered
550 Posts
My Wife and I are flying into Conn. via Providence, RI to pick up our new "08 LT. :D We are buying it used...but just barely. Then we are heading up to Bar Harbor for a few days. :dance:

Have fun with the new bike! :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MattKas said:

Have fun...
Thanks for the concern, but I'm OK. I put close to 80 miles on the demo bike over a two day period and I am coming off of a HD Ultra. I am taking all back roads and no highways back and forth on the trip. This is my third bike that I am breaking in on this route.
Ken

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
ken6217 said:
Ken
Going to be hard to wipe that grin off your face when you arrive at your brother's. :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
You'll have a great time on the LT. The 600 miles will pass very quickly. You'll probably be asking for recommendations on an aftermarket seat when you get back. Again, enjoy the LT!
Scott

·
Registered
910 Posts
COngrats on the bike!

MattKas said:
I would not travel long distance if this was my first LT. On top of that it is a new bike and may need minor adjustments here and there.QUOTE
MattKas said:
]
I did a bad thing.... I went 1583 miles in two days......

Best time , barring that drop from a lost swingarm nut falling off being the exception to the deal...

BUT Dayyyam was that fun , coming in with the 4th of JUly in the woodlands, tx fireworks right over my head was the cats meow... WHat a welcome back that was...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I picked it up on Friday in NJ and took it round trip to Binghamton, NY and returned the next day. I dropped it off at the delealer for the 600 mile service.

I love the bike. I took the backroads and stayed off the highways for most of the time. So where it usually takes me about 3 hours with my car, it was now closer to 6 hours. I have never had a bike that I could sit that long in the saddle, especially when I have no additional foot pegs to alternate with. I did order the Jpegs though yesterday.

I was very happy with the bike but did get nervous when parking it since all of the warnings I read on here. I was careful where I parked it, but I can see how an accidental drop is possible. I was proud of the stop and go 2 mile an hour that I did for about 20 minutes when I got stuck in 2 lanes merging into 1 during road construction.

I can't wait for the Fall foliage. I always wanted to ride through W.V. and this year I will do it.

The only complaint that I have is an engine noise that sounds almost like pinging. It is like a rattling noise upon acceleration from start.Does anyone know what this is and if it is common with K bikes? My bike is an '09. By the way, I did put 93 octane in the bike.

Thanks
Ken

1 - 14 of 14 Posts