BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... I see your names listed in the BMW MOA ON rag in the Mileage Awards page. 100,000+ miles each. I know it's been discussed on the forum coupla months ago, butt finally see it in print. Good job, guyz. Y'all get your paper weight and certificate???? ;) :D

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Dick said:
... I see your names listed in the BMW MOA ON rag in the Mileage Awards page. 100,000+ miles each. I know it's been discussed on the forum coupla months ago, butt finally see it in print. Good job, guyz. Y'all get your paper weight and certificate???? ;) :D
hmmm I didn't know it was there, cool. Now I want my magazine!!!

Thanks the LT now has 128k+ miles on her, she is getting upset though as she knows there will be another near her soon a younger gal with longer legs great looking "Headlights" that says ok Just ride me anywhere and has the stamina to make it happen!

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Hey I know those Guys...I said when I saw the article:)

Congratulation!

Tom,
Long Tall Sally (LT Sally) hasn't got much attention past year or so with the newer gals (GS) around...so last week I took her out for a week in VA, WVA and PA, she had every right to let me know in the middle of nowhere...but she didn't, she really preformed well and glad I renewed our old relationship...

Just hated I didn't take Short Fat Fanny along also....:)

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Dick said:
Thanks Dick, but I gotta admit that you scared me a little when I saw the post and my name was mentioned in the same subject line with Gallo! The thought that flashed through my mind was, what the hell did I do now that has me being compared with Tom? Thought maybe I was gona have to grow a beard!! But hey, it turned out to be a good thing.

Cheers,

Hey Tom we'll have to celebrate at iron Horse.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Lynn_Keen said:
Thanks Dick, but I gotta admit that you scared me a little when I saw the post and my name was mentioned in the same subject line with Gallo! The thought that flashed through my mind was, what the hell did I do now that has me being compared with Tom? Thought maybe I was gona have to grow a beard!! But hey, it turned out to be a good thing.

Cheers,

Hey Tom we'll have to celebrate at iron Horse.
That would have scared me too, Lynn. Is it really ever a good thing to have your name in the same headlines with Tom? ;)

Hey Tom: :p

Now runnin' and duckin'. :)

OBTW, congradulations to both of you. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Steve_R said:
That would have scared me too, Lynn. Is it really ever a good thing to have your name in the same headlines with Tom? ;)
Most definitly not, particularly since i quit smoking

although there are no warrants out for me.............

Y E T

One month, two weeks, 17 hours, 10 minutes and 9 seconds. 1371 cigarettes not smoked, saving $240.01. Life saved: 4 days, 18 hours, 15 minutes.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
One month, two weeks, 17 hours, 10 minutes and 9 seconds. 1371 cigarettes not smoked, saving $240.01. Life saved: 4 days, 18 hours, 15 minutes.
Congratulations my friend. Keep up the good work! It's been 8 years, 9 months and 6 days since I gave up that silly habbit. Now if I could only lose the 40# that I gained all would be wonderful. Shortly after I quit smoking and started gaining weight I complained to my doctor that now I would die of obesity rather than cancer. The good doctor responded that that would be a good thing 'cause it would be much less painful! :~)

Cheers

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Lynn_Keen said:
Congratulations my friend. Keep up the good work! It's been 8 years, 9 months and 6 days since I gave up that silly habbit. Now if I could only lose the 40# that I gained all would be wonderful. Shortly after I quit smoking and started gaining weight I complained to my doctor that now I would die of obesity rather than cancer. The good doctor responded that that would be a good thing 'cause it would be much less painful! :~)

Cheers

Thanks Lynn, I've gained 5 lbs so far, i have really been watching that one closely though. I have not had but a couple of cokes sicne i quit smokinmg either.

see ya soon!

tom

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well I FINALLY got my MOA mag, as here in Flagler Beach they still use the pony express!
Kudo's to you guys!
It isn't tough doing those kind of miles on an LT, can't wait till they engineer some air conditioning to beat the heat!
Congrats guys!
Dave

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
dcwchfc said:
Well I FINALLY got my MOA mag, as here in Flagler Beach they still use the pony express!
Kudo's to you guys!
It isn't tough doing those kind of miles on an LT, can't wait till they engineer some air conditioning to beat the heat!
Congrats guys!
Dave
so how many are on yer lT now

I figured it would have 40-45k a year, but since we moved up here to no mans land the mileage is way down per year :(,
I'm not TELLING steve how miles we put on this weekend alone I still have till sunday night bud! I klnow there wil be at least 1500 more this week

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Lynn_Keen said:
Congratulations my friend. Keep up the good work! It's been 8 years, 9 months and 6 days since I gave up that silly habbit. Now if I could only lose the 40# that I gained all would be wonderful.
Cheers
Hey Tom

Keep it up buddy.
Not to overshadow your accomplishment or Lynn's
but I quit smoking somewhere round the time you were born
and didn't gain that extra 40 lbs until about ten years ago :mad:

damn if I'd know I'd live this long I'd have taken better care of myself :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Alrrrrrrrrrrrrrright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tmgs said:
Most definitly not, particularly since i quit smoking

although there are no warrants out for me.............

Y E T

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Hang in there Tom!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you're asking me, I have a little over 41000 on the clock, all day. Only about 10000 this year. The weather got to me so bad last year going back and forth to the MOA I just didn't ride much.
PS I'm waiting for a response to by PM to Gallo

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
tmgs said:
so how many are on yer lT now

I figured it would have 40-45k a year, but since we moved up here to no mans land the mileage is way down per year :(,
I'm not TELLING steve how miles we put on this weekend alone I still have till sunday night bud! I klnow there wil be at least 1500 more this week
Me too, until the cold rain rolls into Columbus, OH on Wednesday. Got the chance of sliding into Clinton, IA on snow. :eek: Supposed to warm up so I can get down to Little Rock on dry road. Think warm, think warm, think warm.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
You had to start smoking awfully early to quit by the time Tom was born. You must be a REALLY old codger. ;) :D

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
dcwchfc said:
If you're asking me, I have a little over 41000 on the clock, all day. Only about 10000 this year. The weather got to me so bad last year going back and forth to the MOA I just didn't ride much.
PS I'm waiting for a response to by PM to Gallo

bla bla bla bla ya ain;t got AC on that bike yet? ya wearing too much gear?
ya drinking enough ? W A T E R not the other stuff

<big grin>

WHAT PM?

Gallo never got a pm the he remembers but I'll ask him again when he comes back

hehehehehe

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Steve_R said:
Me too, until the cold rain rolls into Columbus, OH on Wednesday. Got the chance of sliding into Clinton, IA on snow. :eek: Supposed to warm up so I can get down to Little Rock on dry road. Think warm, think warm, think warm.
C O L D S N O W R A I N S L E E T

<grin> i'm headed south !

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Dman said:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Hang in there Tom!!
Thanks!

Tom

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats Lynn!!! Should have posted this much earlier, no excuse. Was really glad to see a name I recognized in the MOA. Maybe someday, just maybe!!!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Rusty_Jones said:
Congrats Lynn!!! Should have posted this much earlier, no excuse. Was really glad to see a name I recognized in the MOA. Maybe someday, just maybe!!!
Thanks Jim, better late than never. :~)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts