BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
VernRuth said:
I wondered if anyone knew of a toe shifter cover that is softer on the foot.

Thanks!
VernRuth

I couldn't find it on our web site but we have a padded neoprene cover that sells for 14.95.

Give me a call

Ted
800 689 9893 x148
A&S BMW

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
VernRuth said:
I wondered if anyone knew of a toe shifter cover that is softer on the foot.

Thanks!
VernRuth
I guess my only question is that if the shifter is too hard on your foot perhaps you should be wearing a boot that is designed for shifting?

Most quality motorcycle boots have either reinforcement or an extra piece of leather/plastic on the top.

For years I resisted buying "motorcycle specific" boots and went with off the shelf quality work boots - more than adequate - or so I thought.

However, having finally broken down and purchased BMW boots I have got to admit that they are worth every penny:

1) The taper from the sides to the toe is just right.
2) The soles are VERY grippy.
3) The reinforced toe pad takes all the abuse from the shifter lever.
4) The ankle sections are well armored and reinforced.
5) My achilles tendon is very well protected from the bottom all the way to
the insertion with the calf muscle.

They took a while to break in and are reasonably comfortable for walking, but I always carry a pair of MBT's (Masai Barefoot Technology) www.MBT.com sneakers for walking any distance. They are wildly expensive ($250.00) but AWESOME. ;)

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
StillJustJerry said:
Thanks, must have been recent domain dispute...

If anyone has lower back problems these WORKED for me. I now own four pairs: dress wingtips, sandals, hiking boots and sneakers. Kinda' strange at first and takes a couple of weeks to get used to since they dramatically change your gait and posture.

Recommended to me by an Othropedic Surgeon as an alternative to back surgery.

Best advice I've ever had from an MD, period. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts