BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for opinions i guess. Can't make up my mind as to the aesthetics of the LT.. I go back and forth removing then reinstalling my trunk (yes i can do it is 5 minutes). The handling to me is the same, so i'm just looking for votes i guess.. Which do you all think looks best of the two posted pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
She is a beautiful bike either way and was designed to be so. If I was 1 up and just tooling around, I would be topless to remove some of the high weight but most of the time I am 2 up so it stays.

Reactions: BeemerJoe

·
Registered
32 Posts
To me, functionality takes precedent over form. If you predominately ride 2 up, for the comfort of the passenger, leave the trunk on. If you're like me and go 99% of the time one up and don't need the extra space for extras on the road, leave that puppy off. As Gordon said, either way, it's a beautiful bike.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just looking for opinions i guess. Can't make up my mind as to the aesthetics of the LT.. I go back and forth removing then reinstalling my trunk (yes i can do it is 5 minutes). The handling to me is the same, so i'm just looking for votes i guess.. Which do you all think looks best of the two posted pictures.
I like the LT better with the trunk. Sure, it does look more sporty without the case, but case completes the LT look in my opinion. She is my long distance/do light antique or grocery shopping bike. Love the storage!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I like having a trunk. I even added one on my GS. But it's HUGE and I only ride solo. I took it off and think it looks great and handles so much better. I miss having the big trunk to throw stuff in. But I have a couple waterproof dufflebags I use for travel. The rest of the time I use the saddlebags. I'll never look back!

·
Registered
250 Posts
For the practical side, I like the trunk. So easy to throw the full face helmet, gloves and jacket in trunk when you stop. I have never ridden without trunk but a lot of folks say they can't tell much difference. I like the look with the trunk, we have a touring bike not a sport bike. Just my 2 cents worth.
Leon

·
Premium Member
7,677 Posts
For the practical side, I like the trunk. So easy to throw the full face helmet, gloves and jacket in trunk when you stop. I have never ridden without trunk but a lot of folks say they can't tell much difference. I like the look with the trunk, we have a touring bike not a sport bike. Just my 2 cents worth.
Leon
I'm with you, then again much of my riding is two-up and loaded. I might feel differently if I rode only solo. Then again, if I rode only solo I would not ride an LT. I would save much money and ride an FJR1300. :grin:

I see an LT without a trunk like buying a pickup and removing the box for better handling. Better to just buy a Miata.
>:)

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
For me, it felt very different without the trunk and regardless of the reason, I was much more precise and confident in slow speed handling. At highway speed, it was transparent. Trunk on / trunk off, it made no difference. I used the trunk all the time, as the LT was my primary mode of transportation. As far as looks, I think she looks much more complete and finished with the trunk.

I don't think I've ever read this question on the K 1600 Forum ! It's designed though to go without all of the hard bags very quickly and many vary the ride at a moment's notice. Takes seconds to remove the side bags and several minutes for the trunk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts