BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently won the grand prize at the 3rd anual PA's Ride (www.pasride.com) which is a $2,000 paint job from Billy Streeter an award winning local air brush guy (www.billystreeter.com).

Anyway, I am getting mixed opinions on wether or not I should do anything with the LT. What do you guys think?

Any suggestions on what a good airbrush paint job might be on my Graphite 2005 LT?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Hell Yes!!! Billy Streeter does awsome work. Two grand isn't going to go very far though!

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
D.Kinsey said:
Hell Yes!!! Billy Streeter does awsome work. Two grand isn't going to go very far though!
Hey, David - after seeing some of your work, and now Streeter's, I'd say you two are in the same league. Some really fantastic stuff is being turned out down in Santa Fe, TX.

And Brian, I don't know how Streeter works, butt I'd be checking out the various stylists/painters and their examples (lots of 'em have their own webpages and plenty of great pix) and then give Streeter some guidance as to what you wanna see in the way of a finished job, and then let his creative, artistic mind go to work under those parameters.

We've already got two list members with the *shuttle re-entry leading-edge on fire* paint job (David did one of 'em, and I don't know who did Roy Jowarsky's), and both are stellar works, IMHO. Don't know what style you lean toward, butt I betcha Streeter can help out there too.

Good luck, Brian. Be lookin' forward to your pix when finished.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Thanks Dick. I agree, google custom motorcycle paint and you will find paint jobs till you're eyes bleed, but you should get an idea for what you like and even more important, what you don't. Good Luck.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My opinion is, the LT is not the right bike for air brush work. I think you would hurt the looks and lower the value. If you owned a Harley I would go for it. Harley riders love that sore of thing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Painterman said:
My opinion is, the LT is not the right bike for air brush work. I think you would hurt the looks and lower the value. If you owned a Harley I would go for it. Harley riders love that sore of thing.
I agree. I had a HD Road King, which I had airbrushed from front to back with a 50s diner theme. It looked fantastic. However, the LT is no Road King.

The LT is beautiful just the way it is. IMO, airbrushing would detract from the clean flowing lines of the LT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts