BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another post OP says "I want to move my Battery Tender lead
over to the - "
I currently have three bikes with each on a dedicated tender. All are 1.5 amp. So should I leave them as they are, or use one tender and move it periodically? Like say, one week?
I think all are auto so cannot overcharge. I guess if I move I would be saving amperage which is about, what, $5 a year - maybe?

Reactions: Patric

·
Registered
787 Posts
As long as they are true tenders and shut charging off when fully charged then start charging once voltage drops you can leave them on full time. I have used tenders 24/7 on my batteries for the last ten years. I get longer battery life and don't have to worry. Note trickle chargers or any charger that constantly charges and does not auto shut off will ruin the battery if left on to long.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
As long as they are true tenders and shut charging off when fully charged then start charging once voltage drops you can leave them on full time. I have used tenders 24/7 on my batteries for the last ten years. I get longer battery life and don't have to worry. Note trickle chargers or any charger that constantly charges and does not auto shut off will ruin the battery if left on to long.
Plus 1

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
On another post OP says "I want to move my Battery Tender lead
over to the - "
I currently have three bikes with each on a dedicated tender. All are 1.5 amp. So should I leave them as they are, or use one tender and move it periodically? Like say, one week?
I think all are auto so cannot overcharge. I guess if I move I would be saving amperage which is about, what, $5 a year - maybe?
Eddie, I have about 5 or six auto chargers (Schumacher $18-$20 at Walmart). I have one on every bike, spare car and lawnmower. I need another for my tractor and one more for my truck. I'm too lazy to move them around.

Robert

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Let sleeping dogs lie . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts