BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 LT I bought used a few years ago. It came with a dealer installed Honda/Clarion CB system. I always thought that would be an indispensable farkle if I were to travel cross country, but life has not, and likely will not afford me that opportunity for the foreseeable future. So I ask, is this a feature any of you have found useful/indispensable and/or would any of you like to buy my system? Is it worth anything? Although I don't have the accompanying headset, I used test leads and earbuds to make sure it works. Seems to work fine. I would simply like to unload the clutter from my bike, especially under the seat where the "brain" resides. I look forward to any feedback on this. Thanks! :bmw:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well sir, I have found that I am one to keep my LT as original as possible. Therefore,I don`t use the CB, but I keep it is case I ever sell her. Mine came with a portable battery adapter and antenna to make the thing a "hand unit". It took up useful storage space in the glovebox.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
The factory installed CB was basically just something to clutter up your oddments box. My present bike doesn't have one and I'm glad. Now I can put my sunglasses and flashlight in the box where they are handy. Travelling with another bike who had a CB it would come in handy for bike to bike communications but other than that they are mostly useless as far as I can see.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Now is the time to sell it.

We are on an up swing of the sunspot cycle. As the sunspots increase more nonUS skip starts rolling in. The result is that you will turn on a CB and hear what sounds like an angry beehive in a waterfall.

My Zumo 665 has a detour button and traffic alerts for major cities plus wx alerts.

Sorry to see you won't be able to have FUN riding cross country.

But, we never know what opportunities we will have next riding season.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts