BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently own a 2002 LT with relatively low miles. I know there was a lot of discussion when the 2004 LT came out with the upgrades including the higher HP/Torque.

Can anyone comment on their experience in upgrading to the 2004 or newer model from the pre 2004...is it worth it?

I figure my bike is probably worth about $12,000. Once I include tax and license I'll probably have to come up with another 10-12,000 bucks.

Any comments would be much appreciated. I considered the new GT but still love the luxury of two up touring on the LT.

Any comments would be much appreciated including what the final out the door price was for a new LT, I'm not sure how much negotiating room there is.

·
IBR# 366
16,545 Posts
In the US, it's the '05 models that had all the changes (more power, hydraulic center stand, new dash display, etc.).

And there are several '05 models listed in our Classifieds board for $15-$16K. Might want to look there first. Otherwise, there are still a few new '05 bikes at dealers, which are less desirable now that the '06 LT and '06 GT are out.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Upgrades

I have had a 99 Klt for 5 years and have done most of the upgrades worth doing.

For my money if I owned a 2002 model year I would spend the money on upgrades that you would enjoy more than buying a newer bike. Your not gaining much by changing the model year me thinks LOL.

This might change if BMW ever comes out with an Lt packing the new motor and 200 lbs lighter, we shall see??

The new GT is nice but I still dont see why they cant design a new RT with the new K-Motor!!!!

Later

Stevea2980
Klt 99-Canyon Red> Performance Chip, Tuned Exhaust (Sounds Great), GMRS, XM, Active + Passive ECM, GPS, Remote Video Recording, Co-Pilot Shelf, Cee-Baileys, Side Bag Lights with Blinkers, Lots of added head lights including HID, Lowered Pegs ( I am 6'-3"), J-pegs.

I think that covers it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts