BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the continuing saga of my ill-fated CB, I wrote in another thread that the CB was stuck in transmit mode. It turns out it was the rear PTT button that was defective. I took the bike in to the dealer who installed the CB and much to my dismay today was handed a $200 bill for 2 hours' work in locating the problem. The real problem is that the rear switch is still on the bike and that I'll supposedly need to go back for them to disassemble everything and replace the switch when I receive the replacement from Sierra Communications. By now, this CB radio has cost me $807 for the radio and accessories, $130 for the antenna and $89 for a part from Autocomm that allows everything to pipe in through the headset. With the initial $600 for an 8 hour installation and with today's bill, that's over $1800. Needless to say I could just kick myself for not having installed the damn thing myself, even if I had no spare time in which to do it. Now I will square away the bill with the dealer and replace the damn PTT myself, before it costs me another $600 in labor! This is definitely a live and learn experience.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
That's what people don't realize, even if you never don it before you can probably do better than most dealers.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
That just plain SUCKS! If I were you, after you got that CB working, i'd talk to everybody and anybody you can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts