BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm in Glenallen Alaska and need some board wisdom. I have a Metzler rear tire me 880 bias ply. Some parts of the center of the tire is down below the wear marks and some of the center tread is almost gone. I have to go 780 miles to get a new tire in seattle since I'm taking a ferry part of the way. I'm also pulling a trailer. At the present time no cord is showing. I'm going to attempt to get a tire in Ancorage, but if nothing is available then my only option is to run on the existing tire. Does anyone know how many miles are left on the tire given my present situation?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hope this helps!

The Motorcycle Shop
400 W. Potter Drive - Anchorage, AK 99518
(907) 561-1165

Curt

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Hope This Helps...

I once had to run 430 miles on an ME880 after the centerline tread area was just flattening out (wear marks 'almost' showing). Definitely was "well" into wear marks when I arrived but no cord showing. Not sure how far you can go but letting you know my experience.

Also, if you can find a Harley shop, most carry an ME880 for rear (160/70 V bias). Apparently fits one of their bikes....can't recall which model/year the service manager mentioned.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks All.

I did manage to contact George at BMW Fairbanks. He has a tire and I'll be getting it installed on 7/23. Only a 260 mile ride to get new tire so I think I'll be fine. George said the tire is a 5ply so I think I'm thru the first 4 plys with no cords showing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts