BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 RT
31 Posts
Thanks. I think I will. I only seem to get 6000 miles or so on a set of tires. It is a pain (and expensive) to keep replacing them. The RideOn bills itself like a cost-effective way to get more miles per set.
This is the plug that I needed to use on a recent ride to get home. I would not mind a tire being "self-sealing" to boot.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
951 Posts
Thanks. I think I will. I only seem to get 6000 miles or so on a set of tires. It is a pain (and expensive) to keep replacing them. The RideOn bills itself like a cost-effective way to get more miles per set.
This is the plug that I needed to use on a recent ride to get home. I would not mind a tire being "self-sealing" to boot.

View attachment 174300
I love the quote at the bottom of your posts. I feel that way when I ride. You can only be in the moment and it removes your worries for the day if only for a while.

·
Premium Member
2014 RT
31 Posts
I love the quote at the bottom of your posts. I feel that way when I ride. You can only be in the moment and it removes your worries for the day if only for a while.
ad·dic·tion| əˈdikSH(ə)n | noun
the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity: he committed the theft to finance his motorcycle addiction | an addiction to riding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry I really don't know for sure, I can only speculate that being a similar tire that the side walls would also be similar.
Since no one else has mentioned it, I'll point out that the LT calls for a BIAS PLY tire, not a Radial. Replace wit the correct tires (Front and back, please) and you'll find the ride more reassuring, Then the next time you pick up a nail, plugging the tire will be less of a problematic experience. Check out other discussion threads here, such as Tires for LT.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,917 Posts
Since no one else has mentioned it, I'll point out that the LT calls for a BIAS PLY tire, not a Radial. .
Not true.

The early bikes 99-2004 can run both bias and radial. It is just the 05 + that recommends only bias tires, due to the steering geometry change that year.

·
Premium Member
7,768 Posts
Since no one else has mentioned it, I'll point out that the LT calls for a BIAS PLY tire, not a Radial. Replace wit the correct tires (Front and back, please) and you'll find the ride more reassuring, Then the next time you pick up a nail, plugging the tire will be less of a problematic experience. Check out other discussion threads here, such as Tires for LT.
I believe that is only true for 2005 - 2009 models. My understanding is that the earlier models (99 - 04) came with radials from the factory.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,917 Posts
Ahhh, but a Moment it is that separates us...

Reactions: Voyager

·
Premium Member
7,768 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
WAZZA,

Just curious. You're comment says the Michelin Pilot road 4. When looking at my tire it says 160\60 ZR 17 M\C 169WI DOT HBUR 00EX 3920 ROAD 5 2CT+ ZRA 2QB. Is there a difference between the road 4 and the road 5? Now when I look at the weight rating\air pressure it says LR B Max Load 716 lbs. I know the bike is heavier than that. Is that weight per tire or whole bike? I don't see any "GT" or "79 REINF".
Cannot be 160/60. The rear tire is 160/70B17 79V REINF as originally required be BMW for the K1200LT after 2004. The tire we see on the photo is wrong for this bike and by the Stent of the damage and the condition of the damaged rubber area around the whole as well by seeing the dry rubber on the left edge of the tire tou must replace it asap

21 - 30 of 30 Posts