BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have suggestions for an air hose tire inflation fitting [end] that can easily get onto the fill valve of K1200LT tire/rim? The ones I have are a real pain to fill and check tire pressure on the K1200LT rim.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
prolly need one of those 90 degree fittings ...............................

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, you could get one of these (see picture below) but if you are looking for just an attachement, note the hose fitting in the pic. The local garage where I go has one of these on its airhose, and it is the easiest I have found to get on and off the LT tires. All you have to do is squeeze the clip, place it on the valve and let go, and because it is in-line with the hose it is very easy to place while dodging the disk brakes/panniers/etc.
The clip is actually on the pressure guage that is made to attach to the CyclePump. Check this link http://bestrestproducts.com/celestia/products/cyclepump/

Attachments

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
I use the Cycle pump gauge shown in the post above. It works great!!! Best gauge I have ever used. Not only can you insert it on the valve stem and have it actually stay, but you can then fill the tire and look at the gauge at the same time. Plus if you over fill, you can let the air out from the gauge. It isn't cheap ($25) I think, but it works great.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Question, will that gauge work with a standard air hose ona crastman compressor? or will it only work with that small compressor.

Thanks Glen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks BrianD. I think you smelled what I've been steppin' in. I've tried several airgage hose ends, fittings, etc, none of which really work well. I'll get my hands on one of these kits . . . looks like a good improvement. Thanks again!

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
best I've found

BrianD said:
Well, you could get one of these (see picture below) but if you are looking for just an attachement, note the hose fitting in the pic. The local garage where I go has one of these on its airhose, and it is the easiest I have found to get on and off the LT tires. All you have to do is squeeze the clip, place it on the valve and let go, and because it is in-line with the hose it is very easy to place while dodging the disk brakes/panniers/etc.
The clip is actually on the pressure guage that is made to attach to the CyclePump. Check this link http://bestrestproducts.com/celestia/products/cyclepump/
I've been using this for about a year and my only complaint is that the clip occasionally slips off. By far the best tool though, for checking and adding air.

·
Registered
148 Posts
glenhinegardner said:
Question, will that gauge work with a standard air hose ona crastman compressor? or will it only work with that small compressor.

Thanks Glen
It will work with any Schrader valve (the "normal" air chuck fitting). So, yes, it will work with your air hose. :)

BTW, I got my gauge from Accu-gage.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Sierra BMW online also carries a 90 degree valve extension to use when filling the tire. It must be removed when riding as the centrifugal force created by the offset will damage the valve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts