BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my Continental tires and found the front tire blistered on the inside. They were the Road Attack and I had 9,500 miles on the set. Granted that I ride in hot weather, often over 100 degress across south and west Texas, New Mexico, AZ, etc. Still, wasn't expecting to see this. Blisters ran all the way around the inside. The outside was OK.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've always favored using Conti tires. I like them. I'm looking to see if I can find my receipt to check the specs on the tire. Could be just a fluke and I did put some miles on them. I'll get back.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just to be clear, I'm not bashing Conti. I've used them for many years and have never had a problem, no cupping either. I'm at 175lbs and fairly OCD about tire pressure. I do ride in heat. In South Texas it's extremely hot all summer and going west is no better until we're north of Santa Fe or so. I had Michelins installed because the Conti RA3s were not in stock, and I needed new shoes for a ride to Calgary next month.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Doubt anyone thought it was bashing rapz, just common sense discussion.

BTW, have you contacted Conti about the issue? If so, what was their reply?
Okay. I haven't contacted Conti yet but plan to do so this week.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Okay. I haven't contacted Conti yet but plan to do so this week.
I've contacted Contential via email. Let's see if they reply. ...btw, I also use Conti tires on my bicycle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts