BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
SvFiat - You are severely over-inflating your tires.

"A common misunderstanding is the maximum tire inflation pressure and maximum load marking on the tire sidewall. It is not the recommended tire inflation pressure. Instead it is the maximum weight that the tire is designed to support at the maximum cold inflation pressure. Consult the motorcycle owner's manual or placard on the motorcycle to determine the manufacturer specified tire air pressure for the motorcycle."

Read more from Michelin here.

Read more from Michelin here.

Inflation and air pressure are critical to a tire’s performance. If air pressure is too high the ride will be rough, safety can be compromised, and the tire experiences increased wear. Too low, and the tire will perform sluggishly and get hot. The motorcycle manufacturer has specific guidelines to follow for just how much inflation is required. Only the motorcycle manufacturer should recommend tire pressure for their motorcycle. Do not rely on the tire manufacturers, blogs, forums or even friends for recommendations.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Not that it makes any difference in this case, my Dad started teaching me to ride in 1956 and I'm verified/certified for more than a million safe miles.

Experience has told me to pay attention to the manufacturers recommendations. Obviously, you don't agree and that's okay.

I'm only relating what the manufacturer states.

Be safe.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Doubt anyone thought it was bashing rapz, just common sense discussion.

BTW, have you contacted Conti about the issue? If so, what was their reply?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts