BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of us have a great wife that would let us take an annual Mancation...

Well for the 3rd year in row I have been given a weeks kitchen pass and we head out this afternoon from Orlando to Canada. The temp looks fine, but some posibility of showers on the route..

See ya along the way..

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
Safe travels, Paul. I'm way too envious, and hope to tap into your ride if you have plans to post during the trip. I think the tire situation you mentioned in another thread is probably gonna end up being your best all round bet. Peace of mind knowing that the event is scheduled to occur with minimum interruption is worth a bunch. Enjoy your kitchen pass!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Mine is in early May for four days (and again in August for another 4) Hopefully, 2 months chronological separation between us and Stugis will be enough.

dw1 by Matey-O, on Flickr

And hopefully all those wiggly lines mean something!

dw2 by Matey-O, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
pauleknight said:
How many of us have a great wife that would let us take an annual Mancation...
Had to look that one up, "The concept of a gender specific trip has "been around since the first caveman took his club and went hunting with the others in the tribe."

Looks like you will pass through some portion of New England, still spring here looks like 50s next week. Drop a PM if you need ANYTHING, see you on the road. :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Excellent ride from Sturgis to Deadwood. And if you are up for it you can ride your way into Wyoming over the Black Hills down highway 85. An absolute beautiful ride as you come down the mountains to the flatlands of Wyoming towards Four Corners. I did that in August once leaving the Rally and it was still freezing up in the hills.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
First week in May I'm riding down to Lake Charles, Louisiana and spend the night with a friend. Then we're headed up to Tuscaloosa with another friend. From there we go to Suches, Georgia and ride Wolf Pen Gap with some locals. Then the next day we head up to Maggie Valley to ride the Dragon both ways and meet up that night with about 25 other riders at the lodge for a 3 day rally. Should be fun.............. :D

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just finished the dragon, round trip both ways...

Road was empty this afternoon between 1 and 1:40. We rode from the store to the rest area on the other end in TN and back.

Only a few miata's in the way that pulled over.

We also noticed a few extra photographers along the route.

We then rode the cheryola (sp) skyway over to the hotel in Acola and a BBQ dinner at sweatpees BBQ.

A fantastic day!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just the second day and you've already peaked out. The rest of your ride may be a little mundane after all that you did today. It surely can't get any better. Enjoy ............

·
Registered
476 Posts
I rode the dragon with friends in the rain both ways. It was a lot of fun but I did have white knuckles at the end....! Enjoy your ride and if you're deciding to stop in Rochester NY I have two other buddies with K1200LTs that would enjoy getting together somewhere for a meal with you (our bikes are in bits right now as we're prepping for a 2400 mile ride to Nova Scotia later this year).

Safe travels and enjoy the road - your wife is obviously a wonderful lady!

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
Your trip looks a great one, Paul. Have fun, be safe, and all that stuff. :)

Your route takes you just west of Columbus and Lancaster, Ohio (SE of Columbus) - my stomping grounds. If you need something while you're in the area look me up. I'm in the BMW MOA Anonymous book, with room for parking, storage, bays to work on bikes, a lift, a modest assortment of tools, etc.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dragon was a lot of fun, we made it to detroit no problems.

The route today from Detroit to niagara falls was cold and wet for the entire trip.

We are staying on the Canada side. Walked down amd saw the falls, impressive.

Tomorrow we head to Maine to catch the southern most tip and start the route South.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
pauleknight said:
Tomorrow we head to Maine to catch the southern most tip and start the route South.
Paul,
Looks like a 600 mile plus ride for you tomorrow. If you are coming east through Troy pick up Rt 2 for the ride, Rt 90 south of Albany and Troy for speed. Unfortunately weather will not be the best, 30's in the morning 50's during the day with chance of showers.
Ride safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts