BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
861 - 876 of 876 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,513 Posts
I see you have a set of Highway Ottomans, those are very rare.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Water

With my '02 K1200LT In June this year after crossing the Mississippi at Savanna, IL on the way to Milwaukee with my HD riding late 70's bro-in-law. We had a great trip. The LT performed flawlessly with the exception of a flat front tire outside of North Platte, NE on I-80. That wasn't the bike's fault though. It was the valve stem so had to call for a tow (first time for everything!). The driver balked when he saw the bike, said I was going to have to take the plastics off. We got the tie-downs figured out though without pulling any of the plastics and I am now well-versed on the tie-down procedures for the K1200LT thanks to this forum! I will carry tie-down straps with me as part of my tool kit from now on.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Water

·
Premium Member
8,075 Posts
With my '02 K1200LT In June this year after crossing the Mississippi at Savanna, IL on the way to Milwaukee with my HD riding late 70's bro-in-law. We had a great trip. The LT performed flawlessly with the exception of a flat front tire outside of North Platte, NE on I-80. That wasn't the bike's fault though. It was the valve stem so had to call for a tow (first time for everything!). The driver balked when he saw the bike, said I was going to have to take the plastics off. We got the tie-downs figured out though without pulling any of the plastics and I am now well-versed on the tie-down procedures for the K1200LT thanks to this forum! I will carry tie-down straps with me as part of my tool kit from now on.

Is that a yellow tow rope between the LT and the Harley? 😂

861 - 876 of 876 Posts