BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
841 - 860 of 876 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Feels good to be back riding. This was from an early morning start of a 470-mile (RT) RTE to central Texas.

Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Cloud

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
After everyone went home from Thanksgiving, one of my Grandkids got his first motorcycle ride ever. Our helmets have Sena comms installed. When I was putting his helmet on him I turned on the Sena. He sort of jumped and said, "I hear someone trying to talk to me!" It was the "Welcome" that tells you it has been activated. I drove him around town here in Arlington for a while. We were talking as we went. I exited one street via a long cloverleaf and I heard him saying, "Woahhh-h-h-h....." during the entire turn. I accellerated from a traffic intersection and hit a couple gear real fast. When we got home he told his mother that we were going 150 mph!! NOT! He had so much fun. I had so much fun. It really made my day!When the story got out to the resr of the Grandkids my name became "Mud", but his standing in the group had been elevated.
Helmet Motor vehicle Sports gear Motorcycle helmet Vehicle

·
Premium Member
8,075 Posts
After everyone went home from Thanksgiving, one of my Grandkids got his first motorcycle ride ever. Our helmets have Sena comms installed. When I was putting his helmet on him I turned on the Sena. He sort of jumped and said, "I hear someone trying to talk to me!" It was the "Welcome" that tells you it has been activated. I drove him around town here in Arlington for a while. We were talking as we went. I exited one street via a long cloverleaf and I heard him saying, "Woahhh-h-h-h....." during the entire turn. I accellerated from a traffic intersection and hit a couple gear real fast. When we got home he told his mother that we were going 150 mph!! NOT! He had so much fun. I had so much fun. It really made my day!When the story got out to the resr of the Grandkids my name became "Mud", but his standing in the group had been elevated. View attachment 176674
Hey, we know you were going 150. Don’t try to deny it, but we won’t tell his mom. 😂

Reactions: Remy

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
After everyone went home from Thanksgiving, one of my Grandkids got his first motorcycle ride ever. Our helmets have Sena comms installed. When I was putting his helmet on him I turned on the Sena. He sort of jumped and said, "I hear someone trying to talk to me!" It was the "Welcome" that tells you it has been activated. I drove him around town here in Arlington for a while. We were talking as we went. I exited one street via a long cloverleaf and I heard him saying, "Woahhh-h-h-h....." during the entire turn. I accellerated from a traffic intersection and hit a couple gear real fast. When we got home he told his mother that we were going 150 mph!! NOT! He had so much fun. I had so much fun. It really made my day!When the story got out to the resr of the Grandkids my name became "Mud", but his standing in the group had been elevated. View attachment 176674
I love how he's hanging on for dear life while still in the garage.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,513 Posts
Nice looking rig.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Just bought this last Wednesday. 500 mi so far... Love to find a shorter screen with a recurve in it. View attachment 178832
View attachment 178835
View attachment 178833
View attachment 178834
Welcome to the forum animal. Nice looking bike, seems to be in good condition. Short screens aren't hard to find. I don't think a curved top edge would be an option but you could perhaps look at a laminar lip attachment could fit the bill. I don't know if you like the floor boards or not but I don't think they are a great idea on the LT personally, that's just my opinion though. From the pictures I think it looks like it already has new brake lines so that's a plus. What year is it. 2003?
You have come to the right place as a new owner though. We will be more than happy to help you make a success of owning one of these beasts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2003 35k miles. Has stainless brake lines recently redone clutch and final drive, brake pads new tires. Picked it up for $3,800. So far I'm enjoying it. Taking a little getting used to I'm coming off 05 fat boy. Was cruising through here looking to learn some things about it. The boards are the only thing I've ever had. But I do have the pegs. Was hoping to learn how to adjust the shifter and the brake pedal. Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
2003 35k miles. Has stainless brake lines recently redone clutch and final drive, brake pads new tires. Picked it up for $3,800. So far I'm enjoying it. Taking a little getting used to I'm coming off 05 fat boy. Was cruising through here looking to learn some things about it. The boards are the only thing I've ever had. But I do have the pegs. Was hoping to learn how to adjust the shifter and the brake pedal. Thanks for the welcome!
The shifter has a decent amount of adjustment, you do it through the linkages, if you look behind the plate you will see the mechanism and there is an adjustment for length. You would probably find it easier to adjust with the pegs in place but you might be able to replace the threaded rod with a longer one if you needed it to reach down further to the foot board.

841 - 860 of 876 Posts