BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

41 - 60 of 819 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,818 Posts
Warden, what a great idea! And your timing is perfect, as I just walked in from an afternoon ride to/from the Hocking Hills in SE Ohio.I had a fabulous day of riding on an outstanding bike with a split personality: she's a luxury two-up touring bike when you need it, and a sporty performer when you WANT IT!!

116k miles of fun - so far. I'll throw in a couple of pics from summer vacations, and a Killboy photo.

Attachments

Reactions: james216

·
Registered
92 Posts
I took this one a long time ago but it is a favorite of mine. Self portrait in traffic in Daytona. You can see the wife on her bike to the right and palm trees above us.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Runnin' the Dragon; the way it is supposed to be run :D

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Taken during this year's Moonshine.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Monarch Pass May 2011

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
My 03LT here in St Peters, Mo. My first touring bike and can't get enough riding and adding farkles.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
The only 2 K1200LT's on the 2011 "DamTour" of Oregon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took our first trip to the Dragon on our 2003 K1200LT today. While we were there I found this picture of BCSO car 64. When I started working at Blount County Sheriff's Office in 2002 Car 64 was the first patrol car they assigned to me. Didn't realize it was famous. The picture was taken before my time. The LT faired much better on her maiden voyage.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Pic of "outrigger" side bags

Razmataz said:
Curtis what kind & where did you get those side bags? I need me some of those. My wife takes over the side panniers when we ride. :bmw:
Some more K1200LT pics, and here's a link to my 2004 post about how I attached softside luggage outboard of the LT's panniers:

http://www.bmwlt.net/ubbthreads/sho...earchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=140495

Addendum: I discovered that the old link to the JC Whitney softside saddlebags no longer works; no surprise given that it is pretty old. The bags are basically low budget, throw over the seat, bags that I use on my R90S when I want luggage on that bike. I just added the bungie buddies to the LT so I could tie those bags on. I'm sure similar bags can be found.
Addendum2: Okay, I found 'em. They are Covercraft soft saddlebags and have held up very well over the years. I'm quite pleased with them. Here's a site with them, scroll down a bit: http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/category/Covercraft-Soft-Luggage-for-Motorcycles-15

Attachments

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Grand Tetons

Devils Tower

Custer State Park - Picture from the seat of an LT

Wall Drug SD

Attachments

41 - 60 of 819 Posts