I am in for a few pictures taken in the old part of the world :bmw: :bmw: :bmw:

My last LT

My first LT

Well and the next LT is waiting for me in the US :bmw: :bmw: :bmw: :bmw:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
wardenross said:
I am SICK-TO-DEATH of reading about the new K1600 bikes.

Time for an LT picture thread.

It's my favorite bike and a timeless design....
This is a great thread with some really good pictures. Thanks for starting it.
The new GT is surely a great bike, but it doesn't have the beauty of a K1200LT.

I'm pretty sure the new bikes are patterned after the Japanese Dragonball Z cartoon characters:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
DaveDragon said:

That's one heck of a farkled LT! :histerica I thought yours had a lot of lights! :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi. After joining the LT group just a short time ago. I had to stop and change my clutch. While doing that I drilled the weephole as suggested. It was a really big job but not too difficlut. I ended up with 3 extra small cap screws. I will have to post a photo of them some time to see if anybody can recognize them. Since then I have really enjoyed riding my LT. We went on our first long ride yesterday. it was about 4 hours and we really enjoyed it. Here is a photo of us at "The swinging Bridge" in Columbus Junction, Iowa.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
DanDiver said:
My sad picture - The new owner is riding away on his new bike. My new one is on it's way!

That makes me sad :(

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
wardenross said:
Hey, is that Doc Wood's old bike?
Yes she sure is! I lucked into her after he traded her in at BMW of Atlanta for his K1300GT as he rode solo anyway. She's still running strong and now has over 58,000 on her clock.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Like a snowflake all LTs look the same to the naked eye, but also like a snowflake LTs are all unique when looked at close up. Or that's what I tell myself ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
I give up. What's the best way to put a picture on here? All my pictures are too large of a file size to be an attachment. I've tried copy and paste to the post area and can't figure that out either.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
CharlieVT said:
This is a great thread with some really good pictures. Thanks for starting it.

If ANYONE deserves a THANKS, it's you, my friend. ;-D

With your experience and expertise on these bikes, you are helping to establish them as a true German Classic.

I tip my Arai to you. I'm only good for changing the oil in one of these. I depend on folks like you for support.

Man, am I enjoying these photos!

·
Registered
407 Posts
AV8

If you are using Windows XP download the image resizer from here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/windows-xp

After installing just right click on any image in windows explorer and choose resize. It will make a duplicate of the file and leave the original intact. The new file wil be a fraction of the size.

If you use Windows 7 try this
http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

These should be used for any picture uploads or emails. They can shrink the file size by up to 90% and the person at the other end will see exactly the same image.

For printing you want to keep the file sixe unchaged so dont use these.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
CharlieVT said:
Two up camping,
Kangamagus Snow
Curtis what kind & where did you get those side bags? I need me some of those. My wife takes over the side panniers when we ride. :bmw:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Smokey Mountain trip.
At some breakfast place and me looking up at a friend who snapped the picture from the deck of the log cabin we were staying at.
In order to get there we had to negotiate a loose gravel, wash-boarded trail up the mountain with hairpin turns. We affectionately christened the road "Buzzkill Hill". :bike:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
The first pic is the old girl working as an LT: Light truck. The box contains a Camp Kitchen from Cabelas. About 100 miles on I5. She was solid as a rock at the reduced speed of 55 mph.

Along the shore of the Columbia River

In its entirety:

21 - 40 of 819 Posts