BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

301 - 320 of 819 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
Some pix taken yesterday at the city hall/fire department/war memorial in Kentwood, LA.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts

This is my LT. We rode from South Bend to Kokomo this past Friday, it was 37 degrees, and sleeting... (We don't have any heated gear) and this i what we woke up to Saturday morning, I brushed the ice off the seats and off we went again.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
biker46514 said:

This is my LT. We rode from South Bend to Kokomo this past Friday, it was 37 degrees, and sleeting... (We don't have any heated gear) and this i what we woke up to Saturday morning, I brushed the ice off the seats and off we went again.
Damm.... :eek2:

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
biker46514 said:
But that is a GREAT shot. Love the way the sunlight is shinning through.

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
I'm still down here in New Orleans and most weekends I try to take a day trip to explore some part of this unique part of the country. Today I went to another "end of the road" spot in the delta - Grand Isle, LA - and then Fourchon, LA. Some photos are attached:

USCG station Grand Isle. You know it's a small base when a LT is the CO, and the cutter is skippered by a LTJG. :)

2 shots of Fourchon Beach. You can see oil or gas platforms in the distance.

Edison Chouest Offshore. I didn't know what this company was when I stopped to take the picture (I just thought the building was cool) but I looked them up when I got back to my apartment. Holy cow, this company is big-time into offshore platform support. They do it all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
hschisler said:
I'm still down here in New Orleans and most weekends I try to take a day trip to explore some part of this unique part of the country. Today I went to another "end of the road" spot in the delta - Grand Isle, LA - and then Fourchon, LA. Some photos are attached:

Holy cow, this company is big-time into offshore platform support. They do it all.
Tell me I'm seeing straight.
I know I recently had work done on my eye but does the sign in the 2nd picture read 'STOP no Pedestrians beyond this point'. OK the LT is not pedestrian and what's up with the 15M.P.H sign :confused: I would have rode on in. I still envy you having a job which ends the week on 2-wheels :D what a life ;)
ride safe :bmw:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here are few of mine...

At the border returning to Colorado, Rocky Mountain National Park - Trail Ridge Road (in the summer), and the last 2 are on the Tail of the Dragon!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
billsmith said:
Tell me I'm seeing straight.
I know I recently had work done on my eye but does the sign in the 2nd picture read 'STOP no Pedestrians beyond this point'. OK, the LT is not a pedestrian and what's up with the 15M.P.H sign :confused: I would have rode on in. .....;)
Yes, that's what the sign says and I didn't get it, either. One sign says "welcome to the beach" and the other one says "no pedestrians". With a rope across the entrance you can't get in on foot or by vehicle, at least "legally". I didn't want to ride the LT through sand but I would have liked to see the beach. With all the security around the ship yards, oil/gas rigs, etc., I didn't want to test their response time. :confused:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
hschisler said:
Yes, that's what the sign says and I didn't get it, either. One sign says "welcome to the beach" and the other one says "no pedestrians". With a rope across the entrance you can't get in on foot or by vehicle, at least "legally". I didn't want to ride the LT through sand but I would have liked to see the beach. With all the security around the ship yards, oil/gas rigs, etc., I didn't want to test their response time. :confused:
I was just thinking.
Perhaps those signs were put up after the Gulf Oil spill. They could have simply have read 'Beach Closed' until further notice. Short and simple. Summer is back up north winter finally said goodbye :cool:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yesterday on the Northway near exit 30ish.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
biker46514 said:
I like the high viz oddments cover
Thanks! I'm currently in the midst of a total Plasti-dip face lift on my bike. Check out my Plasti-dip thread for the whole story....thus far.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
cealbrecht said:
Thanks! I'm currently in the midst of a total Plasti-dip face lift on my bike. Check out my Plasti-dip thread for the whole story....thus far.
I have been following it and it has the little wheel in the back of my head turning. Really cool.

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
Some more photos from end-of-the-road places in the Mississippi delta area. I've been working my way west the last few weekends.

1. End of the road at Point Aux Chenes, LA.
2. End of the road at Montegut, LA.
3. Historical marker in Montegut. The Big Bopper used to live here!
4. End of the road at Cocodrie, LA.
5. End of the road at Theriot, LA. The road actually ended just a few hundred yards beyond the barricade but I wasn't feeling frisky enough to take the LT off road to go around the steel barrier. :rolleyes:
6. I was behind this vehicle while waiting for a drawbridge (actually a "pontoon bridge" - it opens sideways). Check out the stick figure family. No wonder they needed a full-size van.
7. Now I can say I've ridden to the "Klondike". :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
From today's day trip, again working a bit farther west this time.

1. Nottoway Plantation, along the river. I didn't tour this one but had lunch there.
2. & 3. At the end of the road at Cypremort Point State Park.
4. At the end of the road at the town of Cypremort Point, LA. I only wanted to show you the sign, but I had to include a bit of the LT since this is an LT picture thread. :rolleyes: What's a "dockominium" - another term for "boat house", with a slip?

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
Beautiful area. Miss the music of the big bopper.thanks for the photos

BTW. what Tank Bag are you using? the small BMW one designed to fit is too small. i have it but would like to find a bag that's larger---but designed to adhere and fit.

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
mycamel said:
Beautiful area. Miss the music of the big bopper.thanks for the photos

BTW. what Tank Bag are you using? the small BMW one designed to fit is too small. i have it but would like to find a bag that's larger---but designed to adhere and fit.
The tank bag is from RKA and is one of their "In Charge" units - set up for running power from the battery up into the bag. The newer-generation products are even better, with an improved cable management setup and a hard plate on the bag's top leading edge, for mounting electronics. There are several sizes.

I wish mine would wear out so I'd have a valid reason for replacing it. :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
hschisler said:
From today's day trip, again working a bit farther west this time.

1. Nottoway Plantation, along the river. I didn't tour this one but had lunch there.
2. & 3. At the end of the road at Cypremort Point State Park.
4. At the end of the road at the town of Cypremort Point, LA. I only wanted to show you the sign, but I had to include a bit of the LT since this is an LT picture thread. :rolleyes: What's a "dockominium" - another term for "boat house", with a slip?
So the LT finally made it.
Going down to the river . . . to the water's edge and no crazy signs telling you 'walk but don't run' or '15 mph without foot traffic.' Or like Rod Serling would say the sign post up ahead "LT's welcome" :histerica I see you are having a time of your life. I'm referring to 2 & 3. I went for another short ride today and I emphasize SHORT cause I and still on a deadline with work around the house.

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
billsmith said:
So the LT finally made it.
Going down to the river . . . to the water's edge and no crazy signs telling you 'walk but don't run' or '15 mph without foot traffic.' Or like Rod Serling would say the sign post up ahead "LT's welcome" :histerica I see you are having a time of your life. I'm referring to 2 & 3. I went for another short ride today and I emphasize SHORT cause I and still on a deadline with work around the house.
Yes, finally got close enough to the water to get a "glamour shot" for this thread. :D

Now, that said - don't let these weekend photos fool you. I'd rather be back at home in Ohio where my family is. These weekend day trips are diversions to keep me occupied until Monday morning rolls around again.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
hschisler said:
Yes, finally got close enough to the water to get a "glamour shot" for this thread. :D

Now, that said - don't let these weekend photos fool you. I'd rather be back at home in Ohio where my family is. These weekend day trips are diversions to keep me occupied until Monday morning rolls around again.
Good therapy.
Family is very important but you escaped one Yell :D of a winter the last couple months. This was my first week riding and it felt great.

301 - 320 of 819 Posts