BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tim Johnson, the Sales Manager at San Jose BMW, was killed in an accident in Nevada over the weekend. He was riding to Bonneville to support Chris and the crew on their speed runs. While on a 2 lane highway somewhere in the state a woman in an oncoming car lost control of her vehicle and swerved into his lane, hitting him head-on.

Tim was a long time rider and had been involved in motorsports for a long time. He had ridden over 700,000 miles since the late 60's, and held a 300,000 mile award from BMW he accumulated over the past couple of decades. I had bought 3 bikes from him and sent a number of other folks his way for sales because he was a very fair and honest guy and easy to deal with. More importantly, he was a great guy who was easy and fun to talk with, knew a lot about bikes, and truly embodied the passionate rider. I am proud and honored to have known him and call him a friend.

Gods Speed, my friend.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Sorry to hear it......very sad.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sounds to me like the kind of guy you would want to have a beer with. :)

Go with God..

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to Tim's memorial service today. About 40-50 bikes met at San Jose BMW and we all rode over together to pay our respects. It was a great celebration of his life, from motorcycling to the Air Force (he had been a Military Training Instructor) to scuba and other things, and friends and family share many fond memories. There was an Air Force honor guard that presented the family with the flag, and he was also postumously given the MTI Award from the Air Force Training Academy, their highest honor. It was a wonderful ceremony and celebration of Tim. He will be missed, but his memory and the mark he left on all of us will live on.

·
Registered
567 Posts
What the F**k is this doing here. Should be banned for life and and beyound

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Some asshat probably posted something completely inappropriate.

And it got deleted. Along with him...

Before we even saw it.

You know it's really something to think about.
You're driving down the road, getting ready to have some fun with your friends. Life is good... Then you're gone.

Enjoy it while you can fellas.

RIP Tim..

John

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's a good thing I didn't see it. People just continue to amaze me. Thanks for the clarification. RIP, Tim.

Roy

·
Registered
910 Posts
Life is very quick to go one way or the other.
godspeed sir.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tim was my TI in USAF Basic Training,and I just heard about his passing.If you ever wonder what a Drill Instructor is suppose to be like,Tim is it.Even though he was very intimidating,I was very impressed with his loyalty and professionalism.Most of the time I was in his flight,I often wondered what it would be like to be that cool.My last memory of him ,was standing next to the bus I departed on to go to Sheppard AFB.As I approached him with his eyes watering slightly he said "Good Luck Airman Pinkham" and a firm handshake that oozed Respect and Honor.I pray for his entire family for their tremendous loss. 3704 BMTS Flight 275(Aug 12,1985) Elliott Pinkham

1 - 11 of 11 Posts