BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh Great !!! :eek: I now have a noisy Lifter(s)....seems like when the weather hit 75 the lifters decided to sing with the birds....anyone have any input of whether this is normal...

Observations; noise possibly r-side unable determine for sure, was a half quart low on oil, added oil/didnt help, lifter is not too loud just hear it when decelerating, and at idle when hot, serviced every 6k by BMW. Currently 33k. :confused:

peanut butter and sawdust standing by..... :D

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
More likely you have a loud injector tick. At idle bike on the center stand listen low by the heads then up high by the injectors.
The fuel injections tend to get noisy when it gets hot.

Of course if you have not checked your valves since 6K, you may want to look at those soon.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may be right John ;) , i put a scope(stetha) on the valve covers and everywhere else i could get to on the block, no tics in there...the bike has been serviced every 6k at the Sacramento dealer, hopefully they have been checking the lifters n'such... :rolleyes:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,787 Posts
Valves tend to wear tighter rather than looser on the LT (seat erosion vs. cam lifter wear). I would look for an exhaust leak from a broken stud or flange.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts