BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 GT. Took it for a spin yesterday and the throttle was sticking around 3000 RPM. If I give it a blip, it drops back down but it is still annoying. Is there an easy fix for this or am I destined for another trip to the dealer. Thanks for your help. Ron

·
Registered
164 Posts
ronk1200lt said:
I have an 07 GT. Took it for a spin yesterday and the throttle was sticking around 3000 RPM. If I give it a blip, it drops back down but it is still annoying. Is there an easy fix for this or am I destined for another trip to the dealer. Thanks for your help. Ron
There is a software upgrade to get rid of the High Idle syndrome. Check with your dealer.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for letting me know about the software upgrade. It is amazing how many times I have been to a dealer and had to tell them about a software upgrade I heard about on this website that they did not have a clue about. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually the problem was both. It needed upgraded software and a new air box. But now she is running great.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
ronk1200lt said:
Actually the problem was both. It needed upgraded software and a new air box. But now she is running great.
The airbox replacement requires a minimum software version. If your software is earlier than that minimum version, then the software must be upgraded when the airbox replacement is performed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts