BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

The throttle in my bike sometimes get stuck and the idling is at 2000 rpm (this happens only when I come back from a ride) but goes back as soon as i twist the throttle the other way round. But when I do that the throttle does not appear to to go back any further than it already is, but the idling settles down to around 1000 rpm.

My bike is a brand new R1200RT SE 2011 model and has done 690 miles and is due for its 1st service at the end of this month.

Does anybody ever had any similar problem?

Thanks
Dinku
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,687 Posts
dinku said:
Hi

The throttle in my bike sometimes get stuck and the idling is at 2000 rpm (this happens only when I come back from a ride) but goes back as soon as i twist the throttle the other way round. But when I do that the throttle does not appear to to go back any further than it already is, but the idling settles down to around 1000 rpm.

My bike is a brand new R1200RT SE 2011 model and has done 690 miles and is due for its 1st service at the end of this month.

Does anybody ever had any similar problem?

Thanks
Dinku
A little late for the first service?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ponch said:
A little late for the first service?
there were no dates for the first service and the dealer said as long as i keep it under 1000 miles it should be ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,687 Posts
dinku said:
there were no dates for the first service and the dealer said as long as i keep it under 1000 miles it should be ok.
I always thought it was 600 Miles. Attached is the check off sheet for the 600 Mile/1000KM service.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Ponch said:
I always thought it was 600 Miles. Attached is the check off sheet for the 600 Mile/1000KM service.
As was earlier pointed out to me, the schedule you attached is dated 2006 and includes some tasks not applicable to the first service on 2010-later DOHC RTs.

The Owner Manual notes a usage range during with the first service should be performed:

"Do not omit the first inspection
after 500 - 1200 km." This would be ~310 - 750 miles.

Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,408 Posts
Ponch said:
A little late for the first service?
It's not a number fixed in stone -- the dealer techs I talked with prefer the bikes to come in more on the high side of the number, as the bikes are a bit more run in that way.

Remember, 600 miles is just the rough translation from 1000km, which in turn is more of a "Hans, vhen should theze come in for ze virst zervice? Vell, tell zem about 1000 km."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,229 Posts
My dealer reset the service indicator as the bike was due for the 18k What is involved with that?
I have had so many things done in the last year(3k miles) the only things left are valves and TB's(according to the dealer).
Still wants $350....... :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,687 Posts
mneblett said:
It's not a number fixed in stone -- the dealer techs I talked with prefer the bikes to come in more on the high side of the number, as the bikes are a bit more run in that way.

Remember, 600 miles is just the rough translation from 1000km, which in turn is more of a "Hans, vhen should theze come in for ze virst zervice? Vell, tell zem about 1000 km."
No, but having the original junk circulating for 1000 miles isn't the best either. On two of my Kawasaki's, the first change was around 600. I've never seen such beat oil in my life, especially for so few miles. Then there was the screen as Kaw uses screens in addition to a filter. That had crap too.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top