BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of replacing throttle cables on 03 LT.

Read many of the threads. Is it possible to use the old cables to pull the new ones through?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just replaced mine and that's exactly what I did.

Using vinyl electrical tape, I connected the bottom end of the new cable to the upper end of the old cable and gentley pulled on the old cables from below, one at a time. Perfect fit. The cables even landed next to the frame clip near the forks (that gets the new zip tie) just like the pic shows in the BMW bulletin. Couldn't be any easier.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
big_ed said:
Just replaced mine and that's exactly what I did.

Using vinyl electrical tape, I connected the bottom end of the new cable to the upper end of the old cable and gentley pulled on the old cables from below, one at a time. Perfect fit. The cables even landed next to the frame clip near the forks (that gets the new zip tie) just like the pic shows in the BMW bulletin. Couldn't be any easier.
Anyone have a copy of the BMW Bulletin? :)

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
big_ed said:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15245

Caution: Don't use the Part Numbers off this old bulletin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also ignore the last pic on page 3 depicting the OLD style throttle grip guide! The rest of it is good to go.

Here’s the best detail I found on BMWLT on the upper end of this operation. Absolutely impressive documentation by Schweintechnik

http://picasaweb.google.com/dtnicks/LTThrottleCableReplacement
Thanks Ed!

Just added all of this to my digital LT Library. :D

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. that should make things go faster.

No to get motivated and find time..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Feels like you add powerrrrrr

:dance: Definately a good upgrade to the new cables. Smoother throttle control and saves the hands from getting that tight feeling. Makes the bike feel like it gained a few horse power

1 - 7 of 7 Posts