BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered new throttle cables from Chicago BMW.I am also going to change the old girls fuel and air filter while I have her skirt off.Anything else I should take a peek at while I'm in there?Any tips or tricks to make it go smoother.I'm not all that familiar with the LT.Only had her apart once to install the Power Commander. Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
ChiefMn said:
I ordered new throttle cables from Chicago BMW.I am also going to change the old girls fuel and air filter while I have her skirt off.Anything else I should take a peek at while I'm in there?Any tips or tricks to make it go smoother.I'm not all that familiar with the LT.Only had her apart once to install the Power Commander. Thanks, Jeff
Hi, Jeff -

If you haven't already done it, I'd upgrade to the metal Quick Disconnects (QDs) on the fuel lines after you take the tank off, AND while you have the mirrors off, tether 'em when you put 'em back on.

You're lookin' at a fairly easy job - just take your time. And while you're not concerned about summer heat, just be sure and don't set the fuel tank in too warm a place - gets a leetle outta shape, which makes reinstall an expletive-rich tussle. :eek: Good luck to ya. :bmw:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dick.I learned about the mirror tethers the hard way.Also cracked a quick connect last time I had it apart.Guess that's why I need guidance.

·
Registered
2015 K1600GTL Exclusive
167 Posts
Coolant Change

ChiefMn said:

Might as well change the engine coolant while you're at it. Much easier with the fuel tank off. :bmw:

·
Registered
185 Posts
throttle replacement

is really worth it. After I had the new ones on, they didn't seem add much improvement when I tried them, and they seemed to stick and not snap very easy. After everything was togther and I went for a test drive, oh my god, where they easy!
larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts