I did the deed. Yep I did. I lubed Katerina’s throttle cables. Actually it was only the opening cable that was stiff. The throttle had become so stiff that I was afraid that I’d break something. I know that BMW says not to lube them but I figured it beats breaking them. I took the cover off the cables at the twist grip, disconnected them, and sprayed them with CRC Heavy Duty Silicone. It took a while to work it into the cables, (I was surprised at how small in diameter they were), but soon everything was working a lot more freely. The first time I started off on a ride I must have left about 3 feet of rubber on my driveway. WoW what a difference.