BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windshield up high speed, Fork lock, Baher intercom
Hopefully when someone rolls over this they at least have an idea.

Does anyone have a problem raising a -3 Cee Bailey w/wings above 80mph?

Can you disable the fork lock so the iqnition can be turned to the off postion without turning the fork?

Does anyone have pinouts for a Baehr intercom input? Want to add Kenwood dual band radio.

Did some searches on the old forum with no good answers.
Thanks,

·
Registered
107 Posts
TandemCyclist said:

Can you disable the fork lock so the iqnition can be turned to the off postion without turning the fork?

Does anyone have pinouts for a Baehr intercom input? Want to add Kenwood dual band radio.
My stock screen has difficulty rising at higher speeds, I help it with a free hand. ;) My euro cut does not stall.

:confused: Not sure what you mean. The ignition is turned of without having to lock the forks.?.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
TandemCyclist said:

Thanks for trying the search first! :)

Over a certain speed (different for each shield), the windshield mechanism motor simply can't raise the shield -- it's a torquey motor, but not *that* strong. The stock screen stops going up at, what, 100? Somewhere about there. So no surprise the wider CB hits the motor's limits a bit earlier.

As to the fork lock, not without very some *serious* disassembly. What electrical device are you cutting off? I'd install a cut-off switch in the power line before I'd think about hacking up the ignition switch/lock.

Someone else will pop in shortly on the FRS.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Re the baehr pinouts, yes I have them. I'll send the to you directly by email.

Daz

·
Registered
654 Posts
I never had any problems raising my windscreen until I install the Cee Bailey #2 w/wings. I figure the extra pressure from the wings and the different curve just put too much pressure for the motor to handle. Now I just try to remember to raise it before getting on the expressway or if I forget, I give it a little assist with my left hand.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Baehr Pinouts

Baehr pin-outs (universal interface) for the K1200LT system attached... That is.... if I have worked out how to attach stuff properly....

Daz

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts